Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Rythm in combat

Hi,

Could try to follow a rythm in the combat have some perks?

I'll explain better: say I'm a fighter and I'm swinging nonstop my big scary sword while using also skills, these skills have animations, and using another skill in the exact time to link the end of the first animation with the start of the second one in a fluid way would give the second skill some buff or hidden/extra outcome.

Doing this would make us lose some speed at using skills because we would try to link those skills but with the possible reward of better outcome.

So at fighting, one could spam skills (in a good combo) to maximize dmg or try to risk that, waiting for the animation to end to link it, making the combat more fluid, real and beautiful.

This wouldn't be animation cancelling because it's not tap the button in the right time to spam a stun and two dmg skills 24/7, but have to wait until the animation ends to make it more realistic, having a rythm and being like a dance.

I think this wouldn't break the game nor the pvp, and the intention is making the combat more real and beatiful, like a wavy martial art. And also it stands with the risk/reward thinking of the devs.

P.S.: a martial arts game that had some rythm buff was Absolver e.g.

Comments

• Options
    arsnnarsnn Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    I could see that being interesting for the classes augmented by the bard subclass.
    This could create a different dynamic for all the 8 classes.
    But im not quite sure how your idea plays out since the animation would need to be altered quite a bit and would also not want the combat to be restricted too much by the „rhythm“.
  • Options
    arsnn wrote: »
    I could see that being interesting for the classes augmented by the bard subclass.
    This could create a different dynamic for all the 8 classes.
    But im not quite sure how your idea plays out since the animation would need to be altered quite a bit and would also not want the combat to be restricted too much by the „rhythm“.

This rythm thing would be good in games like For Honor, for sure, but maybe this could give some ideas to the devs.

And yeah, I also thought about this aplying to bards, obviously rythm reminded me of music so... XD