Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Allow even more customization options with Tulnar than originally planned. Discuss.

I have in mind not just reptiles but wolves for example. I'm an older guy myself and would love to play as some type of older white wolf man. I want to make strange beast creatures. Creatures like the Chimera Ants from Hunter X Hunter. I want many options on size. 10-12 feet tall HUGE. Or 2-3 feet tall tiny. Body hair, skin type man or beast, face type man, beast, dinosaur, dragon, fish men, whatever. More options please.
With race traits too. The 3 Tulnar races should really have some unique racials for example water breathing belonging to an amphibian type. 1 Tulnar race type but you may pick your own race traits with any of the looks would be great.

PLEASE ADD FROGNAR!!!!!!!! Or allow you to pick frog and amphibian like looks AT LEAST.

More freedom the better when it comes to TULNAR. I'm okay with other races having restrictions.

What kind of customization options would you guys like to see? What kind of looks and race traits would you guys like for Tulnar races?

What do yall think?

Comments

• Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I am very pro-high character customization. I have spent at least a 100 hours in the City of Heros character creator. I get it. My worry with Tulnar is that the character customization will be so much better than the other races, that it will make people only want to play Tulnar. I myself and looking art Elves and Tulnar as my two main picks because I want something that looks Drow. I hope that all of the races have a good enough amount of customization to be compelling.

Right now I think its just too soon to tell. One thing I don't want to see is "Ark: Survival Evolved" sliders. Nothing like a bunch of goofy abominations running around to kill immersion. Creative freedom can go too far.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    If they do allow for Tulnar to be as small as 3 feet tall and skinny then I hope they find a way to balance that on the action combat side of things, a tiny hitbox would be a huge advantage. At that point your only threat would be players using tab targeting but players using action combat aiming you could just laugh at.

And even Stealth, from a lore perspective I want to see human sized stealthy assassins, but if you make it possible to have a dwarf or tulnar that is only 3 feet tall and skinny then I guess every rogue in the game will be a tiny tulnar or dwarf sadly. This is the downside to the stealth skill not making you completely invisible, their system of stealth being just something that makes you still visible but you're like the predator with a translucent glimmer about you.
  • Options
    Vhaeyne wrote: »
    I am very pro-high character customization. I have spent at least a 100 hours in the City of Heros character creator. I get it. My worry with Tulnar is that the character customization will be so much better than the other races, that it will make people only want to play Tulnar. I myself and looking art Elves and Tulnar as my two main picks because I want something that looks Drow. I hope that all of the races have a good enough amount of customization to be compelling.

Right now I think its just too soon to tell. One thing I don't want to see is "Ark: Survival Evolved" sliders. Nothing like a bunch of goofy abominations running around to kill immersion. Creative freedom can go too far.

Good point. I just hope we can make some really cool playable creatures. For balance you'd be limited to beast like and monster like humanoids with Tulnar. For other races you don't get that at all unless you consider Orcs monsters. Plus other races should have their own unique race traits.
  • Options
    loghan wrote: »
    If they do allow for Tulnar to be as small as 3 feet tall and skinny then I hope they find a way to balance that on the action combat side of things, a tiny hitbox would be a huge advantage. At that point your only threat would be players using tab targeting but players using action combat aiming you could just laugh at.

And even Stealth, from a lore perspective I want to see human sized stealthy assassins, but if you make it possible to have a dwarf or tulnar that is only 3 feet tall and skinny then I guess every rogue in the game will be a tiny tulnar or dwarf sadly. This is the downside to the stealth skill not making you completely invisible, their system of stealth being just something that makes you still visible but you're like the predator with a translucent glimmer about you.

If size does matter they should balance that yes. Taller characters should have more range, if wider and thicker should be tankier and block more aoe damage. Would be interesting. Elves could be skinny to be hard to hit and super tall to have great range. Which would be fitting for Elves making them the best rangers in that aspect.
    I would love to play a 10 foot tall wolf beast fighter fighter. With lots of aoe and sword spinning mopping teams down. Due to my height and width my aoe will massive and I will be strong and tanky.