Military node King/Queen selection process IDEA

eroenneeroenne Member
edited August 2020 in General Discussion
I know it's been stated that potential King's and Queens will have a "champion" to kit out and fight in an arena for this position. This is due im assuming because it's a rock paper scissors type game where it's balanced more so around an 8v8 than a 1v1.

What if we could have potential King's and Queens assemble their own team of knights ( party of 8) and have a tournament once a month to decide the new Mayor? Those "knights" would then gain access to abilities during any type of node conflict involving seiges, raids etc. Sorta like the religious node having player characters having additional skills that were not exactly the high priest of the city but in the hierarchy of the node?

Is this a dumb idea? Or already talked about a thousand times? Or could it be snowballed off of?!

Comments

• I think you are confusing 2 systems together. This is the mayor selection process. Not the King and Queen. That said I understand this is a idea thread if anything. I'm fine with the system as they presented it though.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Yes I was referring to the mayor selection process of a military node. Not a castle.
  • ZhabZhab Member
    edited August 2020
    eroenne wrote: »
    What if we could have potential King's and Queens assemble their own team of knights ( party of 8) and have a tournament once a month to decide the new Mayor? Those "knights" would then gain access to abilities during any type of node conflict involving seiges, raids etc. Sorta like the religious node having player characters having additional skills that were not exactly the high priest of the city but in the hierarchy of the node?

If I understand this correctly (which I may not)... The "king" (mayor) select 8 players who then get to participate in a tournament ? In other words if you are not chosen by the current mayor, you will never be the next one no matter how good you are ? I much prefer the battle royal where everyone gets to participate. You don't get 9 players permanently selecting each other and keeping control of a node permanently.

Also I do believe that it is religions that grant a player specific some powers during some events. Every nodes can have at least one temple (don't know the limits on this) and players can do quest related to that temple/religion in order to acquire religions title. You could be I imagine the priest of the village or perhaps the cardinal of the metropolis. That being said I would imagine that whatever influence religions have on the game would only be stronger in religion nodes.

What we do know about military nodes is limited in part because the "know your node" blog about them have not been published yet. But I would guess that it is very heavily PVP focused and as such provide some kind of bonus or position to the PVP champion of the node. I mean even the mayor position is basically given to a PVP champion of sort.
  • I think the mayor should fight for themselves. Its smart you get a "Champion" that way they dont need to do balances for 1v1s.
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The guild leader picking a Champion

421.gif
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Just for clarification.

The Mayor and the King are separate positions.
    The Mayor control's a city, the King control's a castle.

The King has an influence radius of 20% of the map.
    Only the Mayor or the Metropolis (Level 6 city) has the same reach in a way through the Vassal system.

That is why both get a flying mount.

The king can influence the Node controlled by the Major in some way. But not the other way around.
    Thats why the King is the King and the Mayor is the Mayor.

On topic: Wasnt the Military node major selection the Free for all PVP?

As for the special powers.
    Steven said that for example : Lets say the bishop is the highest position of religion in a city.
    Then during a Node Siege, the Bishop and the Mayor get special buffs and maybe even skills.
    The Guild leader of the 3 Patron guilds may get the same.
    But they only work during node sieges.
    53ap2sc6pdgv.gif
  • The champion system is for keeping everyone on a level playing field. I also suggested they should make champions similar looking and nameless so that players cant work together to throw the match for their guild leaders or friends. The whole point is the best fighter wins control of the node, not the fighter that got carried by their group.
    GJjUGHx.gif