Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Questions on getting started

A few friends and I came upon this MMO, and are quite interested. unfortunately it looks like it is still in Alpha phase, and getting into that seems very confusing, at best. After creating an account and looking around, I found a pre-order pack ranging from $150-$375, that claims to give Alpha access. However, the best one ($375) only states it gives 9 months of game time? Surely I'm reading this wrong? A little under $400 to play a game that is in the alpha stage? Am I missing something here? How can my friends and I go about enjoying this game?

Comments

• Options
    The "9 months of game time" goes towards play time when the game is actually released (not for alpha/beta testing).
    sig-Samson-Final.gif
  • Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    A few friends and I came upon this MMO, and are quite interested. unfortunately it looks like it is still in Alpha phase, and getting into that seems very confusing, at best. After creating an account and looking around, I found a pre-order pack ranging from $150-$375, that claims to give Alpha access. However, the best one ($375) only states it gives 9 months of game time? Surely I'm reading this wrong? A little under $400 to play a game that is in the alpha stage? Am I missing something here? How can my friends and I go about enjoying this game?

You have to wait until the game launches, then you only have to pay $15 a month
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Options
    SussurroSussurro Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    AoC has a very transparent development process; It's unlike anything I've seen for MMOs/most other games. The alpha that AoC will have is going to be a real alpha. Those of us who backed the game earlier rather than later will have a hand in helping them iterate on what they implement. I apologize for being forward, but what you've written doesn't suggest (to me) that you're aware these packages aren't for simply playing the game but actually becoming a part of the iterative process of an MMORPG pre-launch.

I don't mean to presume what you're saying on your behalf. I genuinely want people to be excited by so much transparency and community involvement. I am also eager to play the game.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” - Terry Prachett, Reaper Man
  • Options
    CaptnChuckCaptnChuck Member
    edited August 2020
    Its 375$ to play Alpha 2, which is about 2 years from release. That package also gives you 9 months of game time when the game releases (135$), beta 1 and 2 access (about half a year from release), it gives you 125$ in the marketplace to buy cosmetic items, 6 pieces of unique cosmetics that change every month, and the ability to reserve your in name in game.

So effectively, out of 375$, you're paying about 115 dollars for alpha 2 access, beta 1 and 2 access, 6 cosmetic pieces and name reservation. I think that's a reasonable deal.
  • Options
    Wait for the full release. The game has no box cost, just the 15$/month subscription fee.
  • Options
    Hi there! It sounds like hopefully some folks above have helped clarify any confusion here - the "game time" available in each of these pre-order packages is subscription time that you'll be able to use upon launch! These packages also offer an exclusive window into our early testing and a handful of cosmetics that you can utilize - if you'd like to wait until launch as others have mentioned, there will be no box cost involved to play Ashes of Creation (only a monthly subscription).

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread out now, but please don't hesitate to reach back out if there's anything further we can help out with in the meantime!
    community_management.gif
This discussion has been closed.