Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Fishing

||Post in spanish|| Hola, como estás? Cuando el juego salga me voy a hacer un bard que de profesión sea pescador. Y dejo algunas ideas por si les interesa (y si alguien llega a leer esto)
*Puede haber un boss cerca de un río o lago, que de arma principal tenga una caña de pescar épica, que dé drop a los pescadores; pero que también se pueda usar como espada ( seria épico no?)
*En los eventos de temporadas podrían hacer que existe un pez que solo aparece cerca de la superficie en X estación del año, por X motivo y que sea parte de una muy buena receta de cocina.
*Hacer que los pescados sean importantes para varias comidas, de lo contrario no tendría sentido en absoluto.
*Que la caña de pescar sea visible en la espalda o al costado de mi personaje.
*Estaría genial que entrenar pesca te de habilidades que causen daño a mobs.
*Que cuando tires la caña suene una música de fondo predestinada para pesca, chill n relax.
*Misiones en zonas portuarias , donde te debas subir a barcos para salir a navegar, donde de ves en cuando aparezca un kraken gigante o algo así.
Gracias por leer. <3

Comments

• Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I do not know what your post says at all but if you are suggesting that they add fishing into the game in any fashion, I am 100% behind you haha.
  • Options
    Translation for others ....

“ Hello how are you? When the game comes out I'm going to make a bard that by profession is a fisherman. And I leave some ideas in case you are interested (and if someone gets to read this)
    * There may be a boss near a river or lake, whose main weapon has an epic fishing rod, which drops the fishermen; but that it can also be used as a sword (it would be epic right?)
    * In seasonal events, they could make a fish exist that only appears near the surface in X season of the year, for X reasons and that is part of a very good cooking recipe.
    * Make fish important for various meals, otherwise it wouldn't make sense at all.
    * That the fishing pole is visible on the back or side of my character.
    * It would be great if training fishing gives you skills that cause damage to mobs.
    * That when you throw the rod a background music predestined for fishing sounds, chill n relax.
    * Missions in port areas, where you have to get on boats to go sailing, where from time to time a giant kraken or something like that appears.
  • Options
    I like your seasonal idea for Some nodes that have seasons

I like the cosmetic equipping of the fishing pole

Missions sound fun ...

I’m sure fish will be used in recipes
  • Options
    HansrutgerHansrutger Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Unpopular opinion: fishing is boring. I get that it's boring in real life up until you get rewarded but I have not played a game yet where fishing is somewhat fun. If the idea of a fishing feature is to be relaxing and what seems to be boring, I'm not going to cry about them adding it in that fashion as long as it is not part of the core game, but rather a side thing.
  • Options
    Hystorix wrote: »
    Translation for others ....

“ Hello how are you? When the game comes out I'm going to make a bard that by profession is a fisherman. And I leave some ideas in case you are interested (and if someone gets to read this)
    * There may be a boss near a river or lake, whose main weapon has an epic fishing rod, which drops the fishermen; but that it can also be used as a sword (it would be epic right?)
    * In seasonal events, they could make a fish exist that only appears near the surface in X season of the year, for X reasons and that is part of a very good cooking recipe.
    * Make fish important for various meals, otherwise it wouldn't make sense at all.
    * That the fishing pole is visible on the back or side of my character.
    * It would be great if training fishing gives you skills that cause damage to mobs.
    * That when you throw the rod a background music predestined for fishing sounds, chill n relax.
    * Missions in port areas, where you have to get on boats to go sailing, where from time to time a giant kraken or something like that appears.

1) Wouldn't make sense for a fishing rod to be a weapon, so no.

2) Interesting idea.

3) I mean if they have fishing as a profession, they're bound to make it useful. So i'm sure that fish will be part of cooking recipes.

4) I'm not sure about this. Your weapon is going to be on your back, so unless fishing rods are to be equipped in your weapon slot, I don't think this will exist in the game.

5) I disagree with this. I don't think professions should give you any sort of combat skills. We have plenty of other sources for that.

6) Every game has diff music for diff zones, so this will prob exist in AoC as well.

7) Coastal nodes will give quests like that but I don't think it will be exclusive to fishers.
  • Options
    Fish will be used in dishes, you're covered there.

Seasons will affect mobs and resources so maybe you're request is covered there, we'll see in alpha/beta.
    Winter will cause water to turn to ice and players to then walk on it. The devs have not given details on if that means ports will also be iced in or not, I assume not, I assume major ports will still be something you can get a boat out of and do deep sea fishing, but fishing in your nearby pond wont be possible while it's frozen over.

Here are all the known details about fishing currently:
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Fishing
    Fishing is part of the gathering artisan class.
    There won't be AFK fishing.
    There may be fishing style tournaments.
    There may be different types of fishing:
    Smaller game fishing that does not require much thought.
    Deep-sea fishing will have specific player mini-game requirements and equipment (such as expensive lures).
    Coastal/lake fishing will be less interactive than deep-sea fishing.
    Fishing will be lucrative if done well.
    Treasures may be obtained through fishing.
    Higher level fishing poles are unlocked by progression in the Fishing profession. These enable gathering of higher level fish.
    Players can obtain fishing pole cosmetics through achievement or purchase.
    Rod / Reel / Bobbers
    There may be fishing boats
    There may be fishing nets

There will be nodes along the coast and on islands.
    These nodes will have specific water oriented influences and abilities, services, questlines, that relate to the seas.
    Coastal nodes change the spawn tables of the nearby water content and can also trigger specific events. (your growing city angers a kraken to spawn)

"fishing we have some fun designs that we want to play with and will likely include the community during alphas to play with those designs and and it's possible that we may you know even take into consideration a popularity among the community of which designs they like best. Fishing's very a fun pastime that's become relevant in MMOs over the past several years and I think that we have some interesting ideas to implement with that, that players will get to try out in alpha".– Steven Sharif
  • Options
    GrimmLibertyGrimmLiberty Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Hansrutger wrote: »
    Unpopular opinion: fishing is boring. I get that it's boring in real life up until you get rewarded but I have not played a game yet where fishing is somewhat fun. If the idea of a fishing feature is to be relaxing and what seems to be boring, I'm not going to cry about them adding it in that fashion as long as it is not part of the core game, but rather a side thing.

Then you are disappointed, because it is a core crafting skill under the gathering tree.
    It will be just as important as mining or logging.
  • Options
    HansrutgerHansrutger Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Hansrutger wrote: »

Then you are disappointed, because it is a core crafting skill under the gathering tree.
    It will be just as important as mining or logging.

Well let's hope they make it good 👍
  • Options
    In one of the livestreams, Steven and the others said that there will be an involved fishing system. It turns out that most of the team are fishers, and want to make the game version exciting. Not to mention the uses for food, makeup, combs, etc.
  • Options
    Combs? LOL did the devs actually bring up the possibility that we could make a fish bone comb in Ashes?