Would like to see the game have no addons like wow

My suggestion is in topic of thread ... it’s only my opinion ... take it with grain of salt ... no need to bash me if you disagree

Comments

• Potato BasketPotato Basket Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    How dare you express yourself with your opinion

The game is in pre alpha so it's too early

It's subject to change

You're not allowed to discuss anything

It's under nda
  • FuryBladeborneFuryBladeborne Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    There will not be any addons allowed in Ashes. There will be in depth options to modify the UI in the game.
  • There will not be any addons allowed in Ashes. There will be in depth options to modify the UI in the game.

Great to hear
  • ninfosho wrote: »
    How dare you express yourself with your opinion

The game is in pre alpha so it's too early

It's subject to change

You're not allowed to discuss anything

It's under nda

Lol ... that about gets all the negative Nancy comments in one swell swoop ... good job ... like the dry sarcasm

• DoomienDoomien Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    There will not be any addons allowed in Ashes. There will be in depth options to modify the UI in the game.

Sounds good, don't have to worry about the mini-game of making sure you have the right 50 addons to play the game.
  • There will not be any addons allowed in Ashes. There will be in depth options to modify the UI in the game.

Well that's a BIG plus for me. I can't tell you how annoying it is to HAVE to run ANOTHER program just to keep track of all those 'necessary' mods. Not to mention on patch day you then have to wait sometimes a couple days before your addon author updates things (or worse, they stopped supporting YOUR favorite addon).

I want to play the game, not do all this crap outside the game just to get the game itself working.

isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member
    edited August 2020
    PlagueMonk wrote: »

Well that's a BIG plus for me. I can't tell you how annoying it is to HAVE to run ANOTHER program just to keep track of all those 'necessary' mods. Not to mention on patch day you then have to wait sometimes a couple days before your addon author updates things (or worse, they stopped supporting YOUR favorite addon).

I want to play the game, not do all this crap outside the game just to get the game itself working.

Completely agree. And on a related note, it excites me as a healer. I've healed in a wide variety of MMO's, so I've healed in plenty that don't have healing addons and love it that way. But then I go into a game like WoW or similar games, and everyone acts like to be a top tier healer you need tons of addons. To me it seems that certain people rely too much on addons to make up for skill gaps in gameplay, or to just allow them to be lazy instead of trying harder. So I'm rather excited to see how it goes here for that reason, but also for the others stated - it's just so annoying to have to search for download (and later update), setup, etc. a ton of addons. I want to play the game, not the UI.
  • I am also glad that add-ons will not be supported. But for a completely different reason. Primarily, I think they do the right thing since having no add-ons reduces support volume. No add-ons means no interference in the game by code they do not have under control (apart from all the crap running in the background..:)).

Not to mention that people need to learn to play by themselves again. As long as the UI can be customized, all is well.