Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Crafting

Hello , I joined the community when I heard the game is inspired by lineage 2 and second is players being reworded for grinding 18/24 H , and on that note , I want to sugest an idea related to the mastery, as I understand you can only master one profession (as a solo player... that really sucks), my idea is to leave it as it is for casual players, and also have an option for the hardcore players, like mastering one profession , and make a quest to increse the number of profession you can master, you get reset and start from lvl 1 mastery or even lvl 1 player, but now you have the option to master 2 professions, and after you master 2 profession you can make another quest in order to be able to master 3 professions and so on, I'm not a fan off being restricted , like in real life you are a taxi driver all your life and you are unable to making anything else because you can only master one profession...

in conclusion you are rewarded on the work you put it ,

Comments

• Options
    arsnnarsnn Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Well im against what you propose here.
    MMOs thrive through interdependencies as it incentives interaction, you still have access to the products of other profession through monetary exchange. Instead of being able to craft everything you can gather ressources to buy your wanted items, maybe put up a business in which your char excells and hope that other see value in what produce.
  • Options
    Nemeissis wrote: »
    Hello , I joined the community when I heard the game is inspired by lineage 2 and second is players being reworded for grinding 18/24 H , and on that note , I want to sugest an idea related to the mastery, as I understand you can only master one profession (as a solo player... that really sucks), my idea is to leave it as it is for casual players, and also have an option for the hardcore players, like mastering one profession , and make a quest to increse the number of profession you can master, you get reset and start from lvl 1 mastery or even lvl 1 player, but now you have the option to master 2 professions, and after you master 2 profession you can make another quest in order to be able to master 3 professions and so on, I'm not a fan off being restricted , like in real life you are a taxi driver all your life and you are unable to making anything else because you can only master one profession...

So you want a single player game?
  • Options
    ZylannZylann Member
    edited August 2020
    I am more of the opinion of Nemeissis. Crafters are often players who like to do this over the rest, and they easily spend all of their playtime gathering and crafting. Therefore, in the mmo which blocks access to all trades, we see that rather than expanding the trade, this system pushes players to make rerolls dedicated to different trades. So no exchange because it simply sends the material to themselves. And in terms of the lifespan of the game, having the possibility to max out all the crafting and harvesting professions is a huge point.
  • Options
    my idea is to leave it as it is for casual players, and also have an option for the hardcore players, like mastering one profession , and make a quest to increse the number of profession you can master, you get reset and start from lvl 1 mastery or even lvl 1 player, but now you have the option to master 2 professions, and after you master 2 profession you can make another quest in order to be able to master 3 professions and so on, I'm not a fan off being restricted , like in real life you are a taxi driver all your life and you are unable to making anything else because you can only master one profession...

This allegory doesn't work from simple reason - the "mastery" of a profession ingame represents more than 6h daily practice in that field to maintain the "mastery" proficiency

If you truly want to have any amount of mastery in the unrestricted way you are proposing then you would have to introduce decay mechanics for the skill to decrease if not practiced. I do not have much experience in crafting systems, but I am sure that the current version is much more casual friendly.

Tbh I would not be against even a compromise - to either have locked mastery over 1 profession - or to have unlimited mastery over any amount of professions, but at the cost of skill decay mechanics

“Ignorance, the root and stem of all evil.”

― Plato
  • Options
    ZhabZhab Member
    edited August 2020
    From what I could tell you can only master one branch of profession (gathering, processing and crafting), but within a single branch you can master more than one. The info we have is vague (probably on purpose), but it seems that the more you bring a profession all the way to master level the less options you have about learning new professions thereafter.

You definitively can't master all professions (not even within a single branch) and apparently mastering just a single profession will already be quite the achievement in itself. Also keep in mind that it isn't just about get a skill level to max. Beyond that you need to secure/unlock many things such as recipes, tools, buildings, crafting station or even having access the rare resources to even do anything with your profession.
  • Options
    Epic chains that would in time enable to craft items in Sauron style and power

― Plato
  • Options
    since this game has influence from lineage 2 .. there were 2 mastrery classes over there spoiler that awas ghatering materials from monsters and crafter that refined the materials and created the items ... and 5% of the population was actualy cooperating , rest of us were doing one new caracter or every class or doing multiple accounts to dual/triple box , from what I experianced playing l2 since 2003 until 2017 and going from oficial to classic to many private servers ... no one had time to w8 for others... I need some material , but is not on the market , or is to expencive , everyone preffered to make there own spoiler and go farm for that , or you had materials but there were no crafters high enough level to craft what you wanted or they did not have learned the recipe you need ...
    personaly I would not like to pay for 2 accounts in order to play dualbox , but I will do it if it is neccesary , and many hardcore players will do the same thing
  • Options
    As I understand the crafting system, you will be able to be fully craft and gather everything on one character. The mastery will just be a way to get to the maximum efficiency for any profession.

So I imagine getting mastery gathering will allow you to gather let's say 30% more/faster than the base maxed out profession. Of course the mastery implementation will most likely differ per profession, but I imagine that you will be fully capable to be gather and craft everything yourself (maybe not the rarest patterns)

― Plato
  • Options
    Kyizwa wrote: »

So you want a single player game?

I'm guessing you are new to the MMORPG... there is a thing cold PVE and there are only PVE player that will only farm monsters and craft etc like in a solo or co up game and avoid PVP
    and there are only PVP players that farm mobs only to increse there lvl and go for PVP as fast as posible and never craft anything .. just buy from others
    and there will be hardcore players that to the PVE in order to become stronger thanb anyone else as fast as posible , and do the crafting themselfs (because any crafter will first craft for himself.. his friends and after some time will sell for the public) .. tell me ... some one who wants to be the first.. will he w8 for some one else ? or do it himself ?
    also..lets say you have a guild and every player has each class... but not all of them can play the same amount of time a day... they are not online when you need them or other problems that will stop you from progressing the game at the pace you want
  • Options
    Tragnar wrote: »
    As I understand the crafting system, you will be able to be fully craft and gather everything on one character. The mastery will just be a way to get to the maximum efficiency for any profession.

So I imagine getting mastery gathering will allow you to gather let's say 30% more/faster than the base maxed out profession. Of course the mastery implementation will most likely differ per profession, but I imagine that you will be fully capable to be gather and craft everything yourself (maybe not the rarest patterns)

from what I read... lets take mining for example... you have lvl 1 you can use a mining and you can use lvl 1 pick axe that can only mine lvl 1 minerals such as coper or iron
    you level up to lvl 2 mining and you cna use an lvl 2 pick axe that has more durabiulity and you cna use it to mine gold or iron .. after that lvl 3 you mine mithril, silver etc and so on ... until you reach the max level (mastery) and now you can mine dimonds or adamantine or what ever
    and from what i heard you can take all the classes but you can take them up to lvl 2 max or take only one class and take that one to max level
    if you got 2 items insted of one if you had mastery I would have no problem with that ... but as the game is now if you don't have mastery you do not have acces to top grade materials , you see the material but you can't interact with it, the "E" does not apear when you scroll over it

read the manhwa called Moon Sculptor , is really epic and has a similar content
    everyone in that world took one proffession and level it out casualy... the lvl up is made by using the skill.. more you use it the faster it levels up
    so the main caracter in that story , took one proffesion and spent like 30 days non stop leveling it to like 70% and then took a nother one and leveled it to 70% and so on ... at the 70% level he was allready at a higher level than the casuals and the only way to improve was for him to keep grinding and all the dfiferent classes were complimenting each other ... he needed better tools to mine , but in order to get the tools he needed to ghater different high level materials, and to do that he needed high level and some buffs that he got from alchemy and so on...
    my point is...
    I am ghaterer and i ghater things for me and i give them for my friend who is a crafter so I level up ghatering and my friend level up using the materials that i got for him and when he levels up he create beter tools for me to ghater with and so on in a cicle ... and in all this time.. i will not sell anyting, because I am ghjatering for me and my friend... so some one who is solo player and chose to be a crafter... he has no way of leveling because there are no materials in stores... adllist in the first weeks after the game starts

some one sayd I should open a store... stores are usualy made by old players who sell for noobs or noobs farming lvl 1 items and sell them to old players that have no time to waste on ghatering lvl 1 materials .... but that will happen after 1 ... 2 months after the game starts
  • Options
    If you want to multibox, that's your own gamble, but the restriction makes sense since game explicitely does want you to be forced to interact with others. It should ideally be impossible to be completely independant without abusing exploits.
  • Options
    Hey Nemessis, maybe you like my point about this.

First, I think that if theres only one profession to master it should be VERY hard to master, like veeeery hard, even more than leveling to max your character. So maybe there's one dude on the server capable of doing certain recipes and it becomes very valuable when someone is that good at a profession.

Second, the game will be brand new and it's gonna take time to reach high levels of crafting, think about the future, they maybe add a second profession to master in some months, to add further progression. But that comes with time. Maybe when the first big expansion comes, they add more.
  • Options
    Beekeeper wrote: »
    If you want to multibox, that's your own gamble, but the restriction makes sense since game explicitely does want you to be forced to interact with others. It should ideally be impossible to be completely independant without abusing exploits.

you can interact with others if you are lazy... or you are crafting and you have 39/50 items and you want to buy the missing 11 items fast
    there is no need to restrict player just to socialize
    and I sayd in my first post, make a paralel system for the hardcore players....
    casual players will interact with eachother having there own classes
    ... only a small portion of the comunity will actualy grinde over and over and over again in order to unlock more than one mastery
  • Options
    Marcet wrote: »
    Hey Nemessis, maybe you like my point about this.

First, I think that if theres only one profession to master it should be VERY hard to master, like veeeery hard, even more than leveling to max your character. So maybe there's one dude on the server capable of doing certain recipes and it becomes very valuable when someone is that good at a profession.

Second, the game will be brand new and it's gonna take time to reach high levels of crafting, think about the future, they maybe add a second profession to master in some months, to add further progression. But that comes with time. Maybe when the first big expansion comes, they add more.

that is my exact point i want it to be hard .... lets say you get one point from ghatering a flower and you need 1000 points to go to lvl 2 and from lvl 2 you need 10 000 points of lvl 2 flowers and so on
    casual players that play 1-2 h a day may not be able to master one class in there entire time they will play the gamne... so they will have to relay on other with different classes
    but if you are a person that play 8 h a day or more... can you aford to w8 for a casual to lvlup his skils... and hope he develops the recipes you need or ghater the items you need .... etc

I don't like games that give medals for participation
    if it take me 1 month or 2 monts playing 8 h a day in order to master a class... be sure that I will play 2 more months to master a second one
    you have a purpose.. something to look forword to
    that is one more way to prolong the time you are interested in the game

well Nemeissis you can pvp after you got to the top .... bla bla bla
    what if you are just a PVE player ....
    what if you are PVP player but you don't have who to pvp ... you will never get 8 h of pvp every day in any mmorpg... seiges are at a set time
    anyway a game is not good only with pvp
    you need a game were you constantly PVE in order to have an advantage over everyone else
  • Options
    from what I read... lets take mining for example... you have lvl 1 you can use a mining and you can use lvl 1 pick axe that can only mine lvl 1 minerals such as coper or iron
    you level up to lvl 2 mining and you cna use an lvl 2 pick axe that has more durabiulity and you cna use it to mine gold or iron .. after that lvl 3 you mine mithril, silver etc and so on ... until you reach the max level (mastery) and now you can mine dimonds or adamantine or what ever
    and from what i heard you can take all the classes but you can take them up to lvl 2 max or take only one class and take that one to max level
    if you got 2 items insted of one if you had mastery I would have no problem with that ... but as the game is now if you don't have mastery you do not have acces to top grade materials , you see the material but you can't interact with it, the "E" does not apear when you scroll over it

What you imply here that the total majority of trade would be only for the most rare materials and anything below would be just junk to help level up crafting professions.

However it was said that there will be sinks even for the most basic ingredience so I would really try to avoid the presumption that the majority of the trade and needs for any profession will lie only in items gated by mastery profession.

I would be perfectly ok with repairing system that requires me to get X amount of basic iron, tin, copper and maybe small rare gem that can be gathered only by master miner.

― Plato
  • Options
    "You can interact with players if you're lazy" sounds absolutely antithetical to an mmo. This isn't optional multiplayer, it is constant.
  • Options
    but if you are a person that play 8 h a day or more... can you aford to w8 for a casual to lvlup his skils... and hope he develops the recipes you need or ghater the items you need .... etc

Im sure there will be plenty of players like you who play a lot and can trade with you. Don't worry about that.
  • Options
    Beekeeper wrote: »

There are many MMO that give access to all professions of craft and harvest with a very good system of exchange between players (TESO / FF14 / ...). On the contrary, games like GW2 that restrict access to trades encourage player do do reroll rather than forcing players to trade.