Alpha Test for August

JagaroJagaro Member
edited August 2020 in General Discussion
I had heard there was to be a closed alpha test at the end of August for a specific group of backers.

While I know there is a particular NDA for this but will these backers be allowed to discuss this alpha test, at least text wise, like in a previous one?

Comments

• Iv'e been using this to check for testing https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Release_schedule

I see that says for the fall and it also says no NDA :). I can't wait to see what is new.
  • TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    Unless Steven says otherwise, they won't be able to discuss this months alpha test. The Phoenix Initiative members have almost certainly had multiple tests since the one that was publically known in May/June, yet they aren't allowed to discuss them or even tell us if/when the tests have happened. This months Leader of Men test will most likely be the same unless Steven explicitly states otherwise.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Jagaro wrote: »
    I had heard there was to be a closed alpha test at the end of August for a specific group of backers.

While I know there is a particular NDA for this but will these backers be allowed to discuss this alpha test, at least text wise, like in a previous one?

If there is an NDA then we cant talk about it
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • If there was not a NDA, even then would you not talk about it?
  • Nagash wrote: »

I've seen there was a non-verbal NDA that some testers were still allowed to write up their thoughts.

Was just curious if there was something similar for the end of August test.
  • mrwafflesmrwaffles Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    loghan wrote: »
    If there was not a NDA, even then would you not talk about it?

correct, he's a sadist who kicks puppies.
    E6qgOoi.png
  • I'm in two minds whether or not to follow testing as I can't help thinking to myself that I don't want to know too much about the game before it's released otherwise you lose the excitement of seeing soemthing for the first time. I know we have testers etc and yes they are vital for development but I can't stop thinking that if your exposed to too much detail/features etc about the game in general then don't you think you lose a portion (if not more) of excitment when your out exploring/questing etc etc for the first time or even that thrill of launching the game for the first time and not knowing what awaits you?
  • You will be going out into the game and getting that excitement. Intrepid has said that the quests and lore in the tests will be filler so as to not spoil it for the testers. Remember that testing usually involves testing one or two aspects at a time, not actually 'playing' it.
    You will have been exposed to the graphics, but just watching the livestreams lets you see that.
  • RisingPhoenixRisingPhoenix Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I know the map had been limited as well...and it could be still in alpha 1. If not I still think you would still encounter alot of unknown in release. Unless you follow alot of people and rarely rest. Other than the initial start, i get the feeling even game play will be somewhat exclusive to you and your decisions so even if you follow some Alpha's path...the experience is still yours alone.
  • Nagash wrote: »

There's no NDA don't worry
    d7ac3wm-2ac7215c-1b78-4cc6-a61e-ed1a129850da.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzI3NmVjYmRhLTE2ODgtNDg0YS1iNGE1LThlMjJmMDg2NWQ0NlwvZDdhYzN3bS0yYWM3MjE1Yy0xYjc4LTRjYzYtYTYxZS1lZDFhMTI5ODUwZGEucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.jVwLgq5zVSauX55sSkXrTjIwLslQDvipjRZopwbQUZw
  • unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    nda.gif
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • RokoRoko Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    yeah, and that is if the tests go well.

because if the tests don't go well I'm sure steven will delay A1 until it's ready for the world.
    2PXdm1m
  • Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »

You are not even allowed to talk about the fact that you cannot talk about it? Not that not talking about something means that you are not talking about nothing. Right? Or not?
  • KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I need to get into Alpha 2....I'm straight dying here.