Thoughts on being Nomadic?

I have been thinking about how I would like to be a traveling nomad salesman, explorer, crafting type. I am wondering if this is even possible? From what I understand crafting is tied to a persons freehold and that has to be placed in a nodes area and you become a citizen. Is there a way to not be a citizen and travel and still engage with people and use node services? This could also lead to some cool expansive quests as well. Like a religious pilgrimage that shows greater dedication to your religion as an example. Would be interesting to know what others thoughts are on this.

Comments

• KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I would imagine you can roleplay this by becoming a master craftsman at your freehold and openly trading while questing/exploring around the world with your goods? Hopefully you are able to do this in game. Sounds like a cool idea!
  • I just hope it is possible, I love just exploring MMO worlds without being tied to anything in particular.
  • I got my eye on a wandering swordsman concept but it's dependent on how the class combos work and whether or not it's a good idea to always be on the move.
  • LfmrLfmr Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I imagine since resources will be abundant in one area, but scarce in another, traveling merchants will not only be common, but encouraged and rewarded. You'll be a target for PvP, sure but just hire people to defend your caravan, or travel in a larger group.
  • Wandering swordsman is a cool idea. I kind of want to see how long I can stay green and not a purple combatant. Travel the world in peace, maybe get killed a little but never retaliate. Just chill my way around. Are there map makers in this game, would be cool to be a trail blazer too.