Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

How Ashes of Creation is Bringing the Community back to MMORPG

HiddenDaggerInnHiddenDaggerInn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited August 2020 in General Discussion
heys wonderful Ashes community, I recently started a channel to help promote AoC because that's how hyped I'am about this game. I made a short video about the above topic and would love to hear your input on it, and if you feel realm pride, and sense of community is important thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx2eCZniRNI

Comments

• Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I like it. Anything that helps promote this game is always going to be appreciated by me!

The community aspect is 100% the best aspect of what they are building. This will create a whole new level of nostalgia for all of us for years to come.

If I were to make a suggestion, change it up so you aren't reading through the entire thing in one go. It seemed like that's how it was but it was a good video!
  • Options
    I appreciate the feedback, I will try to do more freestyle
  • Options
    The devs were posed the question of if there will be a prison system in Ashes, like putting a bad node citizen in jail overnight because he was an ass in the node Tavern during a game of cards. The response was likely no prison, because the problem is, it's no fun to be in prison and as a game you pay $15/mo for, you're not paying that to be in prison or to be forced to stay logged out for 2 days while you wait for your prison sentence to expire. I personally could be for such a system, but I share the same concerns, how do you do it in a way that doesn't cause players to leave the game.
  • Options
    Ya I think a system like this can work, Archeage messed it up royally! I don't think the crime should be to stiff because you're right no one wants to play to sit in prison. That being said a way to check ass hats would be nice. And since there is a Mayor, it could be limited to him and maybe a council he appoints. for that city.

If they run a bad jail, well that's 1 mark against them getting re elected. Very much appreciate your feedback though thank you!
  • Options
    What about those players being excluded from NPC services for a given time? "The citizens of this node despise you and will not work with you."
    That would not take the whole fun from the game but be a considerable punishment if you are not able to sell items or repair or use work benches etc.
  • Options
    Ya I'm not positive but I believe if they have a certain level of corruption they will not be allowed to interact with some npc's. Perhaps someone can double check me on that. If not then I would like to see that.

Also something to a smaller extent just for your normal internet warriors on the chat channel, you don't want trolls ruining your city channel which I'm assumin we can have.