Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Brood Warden-Thoughts on Arch build?

This is the summoner/ tank arch build, what does everyone think this will be based on? Obviously summoning, but how will the tank side used? Very interesting. Long time Final Fantasy player and Ultima Online player. So this is a new concept for me.
xKMTkyZ.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Honestly, we don't know. We will have to wait for alpha 1 and 2 for more info on classes.
  • Options
    We may not know but no harm in thinking and having ideas :wink:

Brood Warden makes me think insects of some kind...

But then thinking more about how the archetypes and secondaries work perhaps some kind of super tanky summons? That can grab/charge and with some cool aggro skills. Hmm..
  • Options
    Foogle wrote: »

But then thinking more about how the archetypes and secondaries work perhaps some kind of super tanky summons? That can grab/charge and with some cool aggro skills. Hmm..

i was thinking the same thing about insects. Right now im thinking taming would go hand and hand with a brood warden build. Maybe the summoner is more of a buffer with tank support spells and some decent DPS with the summons.
    xKMTkyZ.jpg
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    1. Let the adds absorb part of recieved damage for party members oronly yourself
    2. Let the adds taunt enemies for short durations
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Damokles wrote: »
    1. Let the adds absorb part of recieved damage for party members oronly yourself
    2. Let the adds taunt enemies for short durations

I wonder if we could command the summon to follow characters and taunt so those people cant start DPSing faster or give the chance for the tank to taunt once he has had a chance to setup.

Could really be useful as a secondary tanks for the healers too.

If i learned anything in MMOs, the healers always draw agro. lol.
    xKMTkyZ.jpg
  • Options
    Hurf DerfmanHurf Derfman Member
    edited August 2020
    Summoner/Tank
    This will probably be the version of the class that only summons one pet.

But I think it'll be a tank first, dose decent dps, and based on the name be some sort of dragon.

As far as what summoner can do outside of pets is still up in the air. They're likely going to fall under ranged caster.

I wouldn't expect many buffs as that's the purview of the bard, but I wouldn't be surprised if they had a direct damage spell or two, at least one CC, pet commands and/or spells that just affected the pet.
  • Options

Oh funny, I thought of dragons 😆
  • Options

Oh funny, I thought of dragons 😆

To be fair I see your point as I'm reading a litrpg book series at the moment and in the book the Kobolds call their society a brood.. Hmmm.. Intriguing.
  • Options
    @Foogle I had no idea Kobolds could lay eggs! 😳😲🤯
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The meaning of brood is - a family of young animals, especially of a bird, produced at one hatching or birth.

If secondaries will only slightly augment our abilities, I can see some attacks having a proc chance to summon a minion that may help with damage absorption. All attacks could build up a "summoning meter" and once filled it would summon a minion for you that could help tank or raid buff something with a mitigation effect.

Now, if they want to have a hard time balancing but also impress the hell out of the community. Secondaries would alter your kit tremendously and this type of class would be a tank with a perma summon that utilizes tank abilities.

I'm always going to assume the lesser just to be safe but as a tank, I would certainly LOVE tank/summoner if I were able to do more than just have my hits do minor summoning "things".
  • Options
    KHRONUS wrote: »
    The meaning of brood is - a family of young animals, especially of a bird, produced at one hatching or birth.

If secondaries will only slightly augment our abilities, I can see some attacks having a proc chance to summon a minion that may help with damage absorption. All attacks could build up a "summoning meter" and once filled it would summon a minion for you that could help tank or raid buff something with a mitigation effect.

Now, if they want to have a hard time balancing but also impress the hell out of the community. Secondaries would alter your kit tremendously and this type of class would be a tank with a perma summon that utilizes tank abilities.

I'm always going to assume the lesser just to be safe but as a tank, I would certainly LOVE tank/summoner if I were able to do more than just have my hits do minor summoning "things".

I am thinking taming and summoner will go hand in hand. Hopefully they have some synergy. Like your summon will tank and you can DPS, that is something i could get behind. even active buffs would be nice, such as barriers or ProC def buffs.

In one of the videos they had a brood mother, i believe it was a insect of some sort.

xKMTkyZ.jpg
  • Options
    Summoner/Tank
    This will probably be the version of the class that only summons one pet.

But I think it'll be a tank first, dose decent dps, and based on the name be some sort of dragon.

As far as what summoner can do outside of pets is still up in the air. They're likely going to fall under ranged caster.

I wouldn't expect many buffs as that's the purview of the bard, but I wouldn't be surprised if they had a direct damage spell or two, at least one CC, pet commands and/or spells that just affected the pet.

If I think about Brood, I first think about tons of small critters that will die immediately, but not without eating some damage first. Like a living, scittering shield. xD
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    @Foogle I had no idea Kobolds could lay eggs! 😳😲🤯

There are three kind of Kobolds.
    European Kobolds - House elf like, that like to play pranks on you
    DnD Kobolds - look like lizardmen (those would probably lay eggs)
    Japanese Kobolds - Look like dogmen
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    I would guess this would kind of be like a warlock in wow, but instead of summoning demons, you summon dragonkin.