Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Share your quest ideas or what you would want to see in the game as far as questing goes!

2»

Comments

• Options
    I would like the have some named NPC character that is a constant presence throughout the leveling system. Having an interesting named character would allow us to make a relationship with the quests, making them more memorable. I'm not sure if Ashes will have a main quest line, but maybe this named character can be central to a node as it levels up? Or maybe this character will be the main protagonist against the spread of corruption?
  • Options
    I would really like to see quests that encourage exploration. I see a problem with people not having a real reasons to go anywhere that does not serve the node they are a part of. Science nodes could offer quests that ask players to gather samples of something form far away, Devine could have pilgrimage quests(this could give more service value when compared to regular quests), Military could have mercenary quests to help out a far off node ether with attacking or defending(like a crusade type of thing), Economic nodes could have something like a trade expedition that brings in some extra wealth.
  • Options
    akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Seeding mobs
  • Options
    I'd like to see a rumor-based questing system where you have a journal that logs rumors you learn about by talking to NPCs. These rumors may be completely false (just auto-generate like madlibs) or correct and depend on the state of the world to explore. For example a rumor could inform you of a dungeon location in riddle format but it would only be available if a certain node reaches metro stage. So in some servers, that rumor will forever stay a rumor but in another, it may reveal a new dungeon. This would create a world where you want to talk to all NPCs, gather rumors and explore the world hunting them down (could be linked to treasure hunting profession) or if you stumble onto something that reminds you of a rumor, you could use it to help find the treasure or solve the in-game puzzle.

They suggested they would have imperfect information in the game a long time ago but the more recent node-specific building info they put out goes a bit contrary to that :(.
  • Options
    Dygz wrote: »
    In Ashes, I'd like to encounter quests that direct us to heal Corrupted areas without combat.
    Clerics and Rangers should have plenty of quests to heal people and/or animals.
    Mages and Summoners should have plenty of quests that involve enchanting/disenchanting and/or summoning that don't involve combat.
    Rogues should have scouting, lockpicking and trap disarming quests that will fail if other people are killed.
    I don't know much about Bards in Ashes, but I would hope Bards have plenty of quests that utilize their Bard abilities without requiring combat.

Yesss, quests that fit your class or capabilities. Not the same quest every other god damn person is given. The warrior is tasked to kill alligators so as a priest I must. .. kill alligators? I mean, I guess the quest givers probably don't care how their needs are met, but it would be great if there were things that only certain skillsets could accomplish, and let me do more things that fit the character/my enjoyment: Craft specific, gatherer specific, just deliver cause you like seeing the roads...
  • Options
    I think about facebook and other social media bragging in media about studies of users picking of likes on posts could rapidly give a psychological profile of the users behaviours that rivalled the knowledge of spouses.

Steven himself has spoken of quests like "choose your own adventure" books of the past in the early developer live chats, so is there any way to have at least an early quest with branches that let the player identify if they are PvP or PvE, or even what quadrants they favour of according to studies like Professor Richard Bartle.

So an early quest that puts challenges, exploration and npcs to kill or go down rabbit hole conversations with, which value judge the players responses then branch to quests of the type to forfil those wants and show the player what kinds of activites are good advancement paths for those kinds of players (Ie sending Acheivers towards developing nodes, Killers to Caravan/Seiges and advancing PvP, the socials off to taverns, billboards and guilds, and the explorers quickly shown how to identify areas appropriate to thier level and letting them explore.

Make the game feel tailored to a player.

Could probably get some cheap positions for psych majors studying this kind of interaction if they can present results for college credits.
  • Options
    akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Just a thought out loud, what if some quests had components that provided key information to various individual players and those players in turn became nominated in subsequent players quest lines.
    In order to unravel requires discussion / interaction to discuss, interpret further the quest