Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Nodes at Launch

HiddenDaggerInnHiddenDaggerInn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
Being that nodes are static, and they're in place at launch, after all the alpha and beta testing, players will know where the nodes are already and run right to them at launch. Do you think they will change it before it releases?

Comments

• Options
    I certainly hope they will change them.

However Alpha wont be anywhere close to the full map, and Beta might not be either. So even if those ones stay static, there might still be areas to explore and develop that no one has seen yet.
  • Options
    ShaladoorShaladoor Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I think it's possible they may rearrange them if they notice something specific, but I don't think they would shuffle them around right before launch just to mess with players, especially when they want the world to be in a constant state of flux and change anyway. Players are going to run to specific nodes anyways, I don't believe shuffling them around would really achieve anything.

Seems like an unneeded extra level of micromanagement.
  • Options
    HiddenDaggerInnHiddenDaggerInn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Shaladoor wrote: »
    I think it's possible they may rearrange them if they notice something specific, but I don't think they would shuffle them around right before launch just to mess with players, especially when they want the world to be in a constant state of flux and change anyway. Players are going to run to specific nodes anyways, I don't believe shuffling them around would really achieve anything.

Right they will run to them, but you have to spend 2 hours if you don't know what node it is first to find out. If they already know then that's a sizeable advantage.
  • Options
    Sandman wrote: »

Right they will run to them, but you have to spend 2 hours if you don't know what node it is first to find out. If they already know then that's a sizeable advantage.

Shuffling the node type should be pretty easy to do. They might however be related to the node specific questd, which would make changing it impossible.

There is no doubt in my mind, that there will be a Map of the nodes the player found + their time available before launch. This way, anybody can access the information and plan ahead.

I'd also assume, that players would rather develope a Node they haven't yet developed to see other type of content
  • Options
    It's hard to say because even now they don't actually use the official world for testing. They are currently using alpha islands to test things. That being said I assume they would take proper actions to prevent people from gaining an advantage.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    CaptnChuckCaptnChuck Member
    edited August 2020
    Its difficult to say. I think the best thing they can do is to randomize the type of the node for each server. So maybe they can make it so that there are x no. of military nodes, y of scientific, z, of economic, and p of divine.

So, x + y + z + p = 103.

Then they can just vary the type of each node with algorithms. They can also add in an algorithm so that same type nodes don't exist next to each other.
  • Options
    TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    Dicdonya wrote: »
    I certainly hope they will change them.

However Alpha wont be anywhere close to the full map, and Beta might not be either. So even if those ones stay static, there might still be areas to explore and develop that no one has seen yet.

Betas will 100% be the full map. In fact, betas will be pretty much the full game and is just there for final testing and tweaking purposes, especially beta 2. By the end of alpha 2 we will most likely have the full map.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Sandman wrote: »

If people want that advantage, there will be maps available by that point - so this really isn't an actual advantage.

Even if it were, you are talking about an advantage of an hour or so in a game that players hould be looking at spending years in.