Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Shipbuilding and water physics

Hi All
I'm curious about how ships and water will play out in the game. my favourite part of MMO's are when you get to sail around. i'm wondering if there will be weather in the oceans like storms that will churn the seas and make it more in depth and make the group sailing the boat have to work that much harder to make the crossing or choose a different route.
i''m also wondering if there will be water based combat like ships with cannons or ballista that you can have ship battles with
if anyone can help me that would be awesome.

Comments

• Options
    RisingPhoenixRisingPhoenix Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Good question! Would love it if storms on the sea created larger wave... heck a hurricane once in awhile. I know its been said that there will be ship battles...no cannons but expect some kind of ballista or potion throwers. Bows, and other ways to do damage.
  • Options
    Im pretty sure it was mentioned somewhere that there will be ship combat. There will also be water bosses like Krakens. But I dont think I heard anything about sea storms.
  • Options
    HiddenDaggerInnHiddenDaggerInn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The Best water physics game I have ever played was Sea Of theives, only if they didn't make that game for care bears could of been something special :(
  • Options
    Melrak wrote: »
    Hi All
    i''m also wondering if there will be water based combat like ships with cannons or ballista that you can have ship battles with

Check out Asmongold's interview with Steven at 47:50.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0LQSMT83L0&t=1703s

• Options
    I would love for the world to have a weather system that changes wind patterns with the season.
    I think having sail boats be able to use wind would be sweet. Having the sea vary in rough or placid water would be cool too.

Bigger ships handle rougher water better after all.
  • Options
    GruntagGruntag Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Melrak wrote: »
    Hi All
    I'm curious about how ships and water will play out in the game. my favourite part of MMO's are when you get to sail around. i'm wondering if there will be weather in the oceans like storms that will churn the seas and make it more in depth and make the group sailing the boat have to work that much harder to make the crossing or choose a different route.

Be sure to add this or something similar to the Q/A questions for this friday :wink:

I'm definitely looking forward to some water/ocean content! Dread Pirate Roberts anyone?