Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Голосове Управление скилами

В голову идея пришла с помощью голоса произносить названия скилов( умений ). К примеру в микрофон произносишь Град стрел, Огненный штор, Каменная броня и в игре срабатывает этот скил.
Думаю если смогли такое осуществить было супер и игрокам должно понравится такое

Comments

• Options
    Andarsn wrote: »
    В голову идея пришла с помощью голоса произносить названия скилов( умений ). К примеру в микрофон произносишь Град стрел, Огненный штор, Каменная броня и в игре срабатывает этот скил.
    Думаю если смогли такое осуществить было супер и игрокам должно понравится такое

Привет. Эти форумы на английском языке, поэтому я прошу вас использовать ожидаемый язык при размещении здесь сообщений.

As far as Google Translate could tell me they're suggesting a system in that we speak skill names through a mic and they are activated in-game. I don't think they'd spend time with this tbh.
    "Magic is not a tool, little one. It is a river that unites us in its current."

I heard a bird ♫
  • Options
    Quick translation: Быстрый перевод
    It's an idea suggestion.

The ability to cast ingame skills through voice command into the microphone.

You call "Fireball" into the microphone.

Fireball is being used by your character.

I personally like the idea. It certainly adds to immersion and helps the impaired.

Why not, if it's easy to implement. I qouldn't waste much resources on it though
  • Options
    CaptnChuckCaptnChuck Member
    edited August 2020
    Warth wrote: »
    It's an idea suggestion.

I personally like the idea. It certainly adds to immersion and helps the impaired.

Why not, if it's easy to implement. I qouldn't waste much resources on it though

Nah. That takes a lot away from the emphasis on player skill. It would be so much easier to cast abilities if all I had to do was yell them instead of pressing it on time.
  • Options
    PlagueMonkPlagueMonk Member
    edited August 2020
    Sorry, with this being Russian with voice commands, it just reminded me of the Clint Eastwood movie, Firefox :*

And while an interesting idea, even if it could work, your fingers can hit the buttons much quicker than you can say the actual words.
    isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • Options
    ShaladoorShaladoor Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    But I want everyone in the house to hear me scream "FIREBALL!!" at my computer :smile: Man would that be hilarious!

What if it was a channeled spell? Would I have to say it slowly? "Bliiiizzzzzzaaaaarrrrd"

What if it was a shot that needed to be powered up? "Kaaaaa.....meeeeee....haaaaaa.....MEEEEE.....HAAAA!!!"

Oh the joys
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Warth wrote: »
    It's an idea suggestion.

But if I’m playing Pitbull in the background the game might misinterpret and suddenly I shoot a fireball at someone I’m trying to ally with.

(Let’s be honest, that’s unlikely, I’m not a fan of Pitbull. But if there is a Thunder spell it might get spammed when I listen to AC/DC.)

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    As an idea, this isn't the worst thing ever.

I wouldn't use it - ever - but that isn't really the point.

To me, the main thing that I would think would matter is if Intrepid are able to easily utilize some voice recognition work others have done for this purpose, in multiple languages and dialects/accents for those languages. It absolutely wouldn't be worth the time for Intrepid to do all that work themselves, but even just looking through Github you could probably cobble together something to make this work.
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Andarsn wrote: »

I 100% respect your suggestion as this is something that may be available far in the future when gaming becomes solely VR (totally different topic). However, I cannot help but link this clip from the Angry Video Game Nerd as this is literally what you are wanting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQBU2THjg3c
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    As an aside to my above post, this would also be interesting in regards to the built in voice chat the game will have.

Every pick up group will have that one player that has voice chat on, and also uses this feature.