Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Questions about Alpha one

I purchased the $250 pack back in March 18' which was good for Alpha 2. I was invited to what was called Alpha one testing at the time which was closed testing of Apocalypse. I am wondering am I still considered in Alpha one testing now. Its been almost 2 years and I have not seen any clarification on this. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Alpha 1 for apocalypse is not alpha 1 for the MMO.

Correct me if I'm wrong but those, in my eyes, are 2 very different things. Like you said you bought the pack that gives you access to A2. So you still only get access to A2 (and everything beyond that ofc but not A1).
  • Options
    It wasn't really made clear 2 years ago when we were testing for it. It just said you were invited to test alpha one which it now isn't really considered alpha one anymore according to the roadmap. The distinction seems clear now but it really wasn't back then when they called it alpha one.
  • Options
    aoh718 wrote: »
    It wasn't really made clear 2 years ago when we were testing for it. It just said you were invited to test alpha one which it now isn't really considered alpha one anymore according to the roadmap. The distinction seems clear now but it really wasn't back then when they called it alpha one.

You have a point that it might have been made a bit more clear. But to be fair, i just looked up the mail i got way back when about the same test your talking about. And the mail starts with a big logo of Apocalypse and the mail continues talking about testing apocalypse even in bold letters.

But i guess they could have put a disclaimer there to notify people that getting access to that test doesn't mean they will have access to A1 for the MMO.
  • Options
    I don't know what i did with the original email but I saved this part of it, but this was a part of the email I got it and although it talks about the battle royale I don't believe they even called it apocalypse then. I believe this was for the stress test was under NDA. As you can see it makes it a bit confusing. I still have the login emails from then and the header does not have apocalypse. I also don't mean to sound like I'm complaining as I didn't purchased alpha one so I can't really complain, however, I'm just a little confused by the situation as there isn't much clarity.

https://imgur.com/a/VWBg6Ax
  • Options
    aoh718 wrote: »
    I don't know what i did with the original email but I saved this part of it, but this was a part of the email I got it and although it talks about the battle royale I don't believe they even called it apocalypse then. I believe this was for the stress test was under NDA. As you can see it makes it a bit confusing. I still have the login emails from then and the header does not have apocalypse. I also don't mean to sound like I'm complaining as I didn't purchased alpha one so I can't really complain, however, I'm just a little confused by the situation as there isn't much clarity.

https://imgur.com/a/VWBg6Ax

Oh don't worry, i didn't think you were complaining. I see the mail your talking about now. i had to scroll down a bit further. I can see how it might seem a bit confusing, but i never gave it a second though since they pretty much confirmed you are an alpha 2 backer at the very start. So I always assumed that it was just Alpha 1 for the BR test.

Anyway like i said before, you are still an alpha 2 backer so you wont have access to A1 as far as i know. but anyone is welcome to correct me on that of course.

• Options
    sarkadosarkado Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2020
    Unfortunately, I would also agree and say you aren't eligible for A1 as you bought in to Alpha 2. As dawntracker noted Apocalypse was a whole different platform separate from the MMO. Alpha 1 has always been in reference to the MMO not the Battle Royal even though they may have used terms in the past that could have caused confusion.
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2020
    WE MUST PREPARE A SACRIFICE FOR THE SANDAL GOD FOR MORE ACCESS!
    SEND IN THE GIRAFFE!
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    Originally, Apocalypse was classed as "Alpha 1 - Phase 1", and the MMORPG Alpha 1 was going to be classed as "Alpha 1 - Phase 2". Obviously this was terrible wording so they since scrapped it.

If you didn't buy the $500 Intrepid Pre-Order pack before August(?) 2018, then you won't have access to the MMORPG Alpha 1 if you only have the $250 pack.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Options
    KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2020
    Yea, this was during the time when they were calling Apocalypse "Alpha 1" because it was supposed to be Battle Royal, Sieges and then Horde Mode.

Intrepid opened up the Battle Royal to Alpha 2 testers in an effort to get more players into the servers. It was an executive decision made by Steven at the time. It IS confusing, but ultimately, you are not in the current Alpha 1 that is supposed to begin this Fall/Winter.

Instead, you were granted temporary access to the Battle Royal prior to it's opening to everyone as "Apocalypse". You were not enrolled in the Alpha 1 of the MMO Ashes of Creation.

As stated above, if you purchased the Alpha 2 pack, you only get into Alpha 2 for the MMO.
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Options
    TripleTriple Member
    edited August 2020
    I don't know if this helps but the previous ones seem to be listed as pre alpha and then alpha 1 based on this info, here is the link.
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Release_schedule