Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Types of sub-warfare

gunmandude2gunmandude2 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
So we know that sieges are the primary form of combat between nodes right now. I have been thinking though...if the buildings, quests, NPCs, and whatnot are all affected by the category that a node falls into (economic, scientific, etc...), then do you think that there should also be lesser forms of warfare that nodes can declare on each other, that differs depending on the node type?

For example, a military node would have small militias or raiding parties sent out to attack the countryside of another nearby node. Or perhaps an economic node could affect the prices of goods/temporarily purchase property in another node, so as to deny the players access to it? Or maybe even a divine node converting another node's NPCs to its religion, making them refuse service to the players because they are not 'true believers', which could culminate in a local event where a new branch of the church attempts a coup and needs to be put down by the players?

Of course, these are just some rough ideas. I already put the question up for the monthly Q&A, but I want to know what you all think about this idea of 'sub-warfare'.

Comments

• Options
    So we know that sieges are the primary form of combat between nodes right now. I have been thinking though...if the buildings, quests, NPCs, and whatnot are all affected by the category that a node falls into (economic, scientific, etc...), then do you think that there should also be lesser forms of warfare that nodes can declare on each other, that differs depending on the node type?

For example, a military node would have small militias or raiding parties sent out to attack the countryside of another nearby node. Or perhaps an economic node could affect the prices of goods/temporarily purchase property in another node, so as to deny the players access to it? Or maybe even a divine node converting another node's NPCs to its religion, making them refuse service to the players because they are not 'true believers', which could culminate in a local event where a new branch of the church attempts a coup and needs to be put down by the players?

Of course, these are just some rough ideas. I already put the question up for the monthly Q&A, but I want to know what you all think about this idea of 'sub-warfare'.

There is node wars and rivalries. We don't know what the rivalries entail, but Node wars are pretty specified.

I'd even dare to say, that Node Wars are the primary form of combat between Nodes.

Sieges are started by single individual, backed by a group of players to farm the resources needed for it. It's not exactly Node v. Node, as everybody can join whatever side they want during the siege and the primary motivation being the personal gain behind the siege. (Allowing your own node to further develop, looting the stash of valuable resources...)
  • Options
    I thought this thread was going to be about submarine pirate fleets and water otter raiders. Shows how much I know.
  • Options
    gunmandude2gunmandude2 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Nah, that's fair. I can see how the name would be misleading.