Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

List your Tavern game ideas!

Comments

• nidriksnidriks Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    edited August 2020
    Hystorix wrote: »
    No limit Texas Holden with in game gold please ... can call the game something else to fit the story ... but let us gamble with Holdem for in game gold we have earned ... talk about keeping people playing and prolly bringing in lots of people that have never even played an mmo

Poker was a game invented in the 19th century. The broader game should be what brings people to Ashes, not the fact that you can player poker.

I like poker, but I don't want it in Ashes. I just don't think it fits.
  • nidriks wrote: »
    No limit Texas Holden with in game gold please ... can call the game something else to fit the story ... but let us gamble with Holdem for in game gold we have earned ... talk about keeping people playing and prolly bringing in lots of people that have never even played an mmo

Poker was a game invented in the 19th century. The broader game should be what brings people to Ashes, not the fact that you can player poker.

When we are advocating for Poker... The cards don't have to be like the ones found in a traditional deck of playing cards... they can be stylized in a way that represents the AoC universe... The game can still play like traditional poker but does not have to be called "Poker" per se in AoC.
    sig-Samson-Final.gif
  • nidriks wrote: »

I stated don’t call it holdem charge the cards make it fir the AOC vibe but the game could function the same ... and would be fun a lot of fun ... if you didn’t want to play but they added it ... you wouldn’t have to play

• nidriksnidriks Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    I just think it would be an immersion buster for me. The idea of tavern games gave me images of traditional pub games. Something different than we see today.

I once went on a field trip to SW Wales and spent the evening in the village pub. They had an old table top skittles game. It was interesting to see that.

If some sort of poker game makes it in it is true I don't have to play. I just don't see the point.
  • Idk if anyone already had this idea but i think It would be cool to have Tarot readings in Tavern, so you can offer reading to someone or get a reading from someone else. Reading could give negative or positive temporary effect to player depending on cards they draw. Cards could have Rider-Waite template with Ashes of Creation art, it would be awesome!
  • RisingPhoenixRisingPhoenix Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    sure hope CMs or Devs are noting the responses to this post! Some amazing ideas!!
  • Dummo wrote: »
    PlagueMonk wrote: »
    KHRONUS wrote: »
    Small arena that has automatic battles taking place between random monsters that we can bet on. I think they had this in a dragon quest game but I honestly can't remember. It was pretty fun but may be hard to organize to prevent cheesing.

I just had a TERRIBLE idea.......what if you could capture various animals from around the world (they would have to be smallish and you would have to experiment to discover if they could be trainable or not) and you trained them up to be pit against others (kinda like Pokemon). They could also double as a vanity pet outside of the arena but would do nothing else so you couldn't have them as an attack pet.

Those two ideas combined sound like fun to be honest.

I agree, else I wouldn't have suggested it BUT I know that Pokemon gets a really bad rep so I hated using it as an example.

I would be one of the first to go out into the wilderness hunting for prospective fighting pets!

Then you could even have pet cosmetics! :#
    isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • I would like to see systems to make bets on mini-games such as dices, darts, roulette, some simple card games (maybe add more complex ones like Poker later) and some fantasy rock-paper-scissors.

Oh God, I will spend more time in Ashes' Taverns than in real life bars.
    🎶Galo é Galo o resto é bosta🎶
  • KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Mumblety-peg
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Would be cool if gambling were integrated into the pub games and for the richer folks, or "high rollers" there could be areas where only the best can complete in cards or other games making wagers. Anyone can watch but only the wealthiest can buy into the table. B)
    ezgif-3-b7b5eae89b.gif
  • Add a game like Dominos, everyone loves a good bones game. Best Domino game: Muggers, you can play with 2-4 people and the games can be quick to lengthy, you can only score by making numbers of 5,10,15,20,25,30 and 35.

Or a cool game like Phase 10 or 5 crowns.

Parlor games in a video game are always boring IMO.
    xKMTkyZ.jpg
  • VyrakaVyraka Member, Alpha One
    I just wanted to add that I am super excited about the idea of tavern games. While I love playing MMOs, sometimes my brain needs a different type of challenge like a dice or card game. I have really enjoyed games in the past that provide these alternate solutions.
    Axiom-Guild-Signature-Vyraka.png
  • A drinking game based on a player attribute and lots of luck mixed with a dash of Indiana Jones and The Princess Bride.
    • Players take an available seat at the table.
    • Ante prior to every drink each round.
    • Drinks are shuffled.
    • A drink is randomly distributed to each player.
    • Players drink up.
    • Drinks will vary in type. Results are instant.
    • Drinks can range from Weak Alcohol, Strong Alcohol, Fireball that literally blows a fireball at random opponent to knock them out of play, Holy Water, You chose poorly drink to knock player out, drink types are endless.
    • Last person up wins the pot.

As I said, lots of luck and endurance based for alcohol tolerance.

2d4a3bddc087da49aaf8aede94e618b4.gif

Oooo... this would probably be way to hard but...
    Mechanical Bull...or some type of AoC creature. Use the mouse as a way to keep balance. Timed.
  • im a bit concerned that taverns will be too small for events like this (even though i dont care about board games at all in videogames) id like it to be around the size of the tavern we see in the newer wow trailer celebrating WoW aniversary.
  • ShaladoorShaladoor Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited September 2020
    [Edit]
    Removed a portion of the post, it was off-topic
    [/Edit]

If tavern games become really popular, maybe somewhere down the road the game could introduce the ability for tavern owners to hold tournaments.

Lots of potential for taverns, and sometimes players just need a change of pace. Even if for a day.

[Edit]
    I like the idea of chess, but would like to see it implemented differently. Maybe change the way some of the pieces move around the board to help prevent cheating by the use of chess programs. Maybe change the names of the pieces to the archetypes of classes? Tank=King, Cleric=Queen, Fighter=Knight, etc. Change it up a bit! And maybe the pieces could reflect the race of the of the owner of the tavern.
    [/Edit]
    A tavern that shows player made movies and videos. One wall and anyone inside get audio.
  • CROW3CROW3 Member
    edited September 2020
    Cricket (the dart game - not the field sport)
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • wack a mole, snail racing, dice, corn hole, darts, cards, arm wrestling, rock paper scissors, maybe some fooze ball table. can we actually order a pitcher of beer, food and eat it in bites or gulps?
    Life is nothing but holograms, half lives of decaying particles mortal is the universe but its also been dead all along
  • Taking a page from the Witcher 3, but some sort of bare knuckle boxing competition.
  • KHRONUS wrote: »
    Small arena that has automatic battles taking place between random monsters that we can bet on. I think they had this in a dragon quest game but I honestly can't remember. It was pretty fun but may be hard to organize to prevent cheesing.

Maybe the more people bet, the more powerful it is. But RNG can still make the weaker monster win, and if you bet on the weaker one you win more gold, just as regular bets work.
    The pet/pokemon thingy some1 else said happened in wow and was kinda useless and a lot of work for devs. RNG battles would be easier and pretty funny still tho.
  • Taking a page from the Witcher 3, but some sort of bare knuckle boxing competition.

To hell with boxing. I wanna see a full on Bar Brawls. Make taverns PVP zones.😋

• Chicken fights XD
  • five finger flay could be interesting
  • crymoarcrymoar Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Checkers
  • I would be happy with chess and poker.
  • Darts, poker, and roulette.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Khronus wrote: »

The dark side of Animal Husbandry
    #InsectTulnar
  • A card game with Lore on the history of the game. The cards could use the co-operative skills the character classes have, teaching players combos they might not have known, but also teaching new players about some basic combos. It could be similar to gwent, where it is a simpler version of Hearthstone or Magic, or it could be as complex as those types. I think simpler would be better, as it has a lower barrier for entry.
    #InsectTulnar
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I would love a type of battle chess or maybe even ashes of creation wargaming
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace