Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Question for the developers. Blind Disabled accessibility

edited August 2020 in General Discussion
I play with my friend who’s blind, I’d like to know if u plan on adding a accessibility for people who can’t see but still want to play with friends.

Here’s a list of features that would make this possible. And easily implemented into the game.

1. A follow feature. ( allows the person to follow a friend automatically.)
2. Inventory speech reader ( a voice that reads out the inventory and any skills etc.)

More advanced accessibility methods which would be more difficult to implement.

3. A quest follow feature, when Starting a quest, the person could hold a button that then would move them towards the quest location, as seen in (the last of us part 2 )
4. A automatic attack feature, (when the enemy is in range, your character attacks automatically. )
5. Sound features, when near a quest giver the sound gets louder the closer they get.
6. A speech reader for every menue on the game.
7. Different sounds for different attacks.

All of thee above could be features you can turn on in the settings. We know my friend wouldn’t be able to play most of the game on his own, but by having these it allows him to join in playing games with us like he would being able to see. It makes him just like everyone else. Please if anyone reads this, reach of to the devs for me and my friend.

Comments

• Options
    Text-to-speech sounds like a good feature! Quest follow will definitely not be part of the game though (as that would just be abused), and automatic attack doesn't seem to be a thing in the first place. As in, you don't weave your abilities inbetween normal attacks, your attacks ARE your abilities.
  • Options
    LyiatLyiat Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I regret to tell you this but there's a good chance your friend won't be able to play this effectively. The active-combat system that this game is going to have in place will require accuracy as a key-component. While there is going to be a degree of tab-targeting in the game, at least 20% of any user's skills are going to be skill-shot based. Currently the game is also not going to be voice acted, so he's not really going to be able to interact with NPC's.
  • Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    The problem with a lot of the features that you want to see included to support the blind/visually challenged is that those same features automatically become abuses for bots.

The /follow feature is one of them. That feature being disabled accounts for a massive reduction in the functionality of bots.

Auto attack allows for the non blind to play on automatic.

Sadly, there's not a lot of things you can do to accommodate one audience, without opening up the entire game to abuses.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Options
    What other games have all those capabilities?
    I was in school with a blind gentleman, and from what he had to do to just read a book, I cannot see how he would have been able to play a video game. Even with help.
  • Options
    He's going to have to wait till were all half android and plug cables into ourselves to enter video games where it can restore his ability to see. xD Ya alot of those systems help bots which can outright ruin the game. They kind of ruined the economy in Lineage 2 pretty hardcore.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options
    CaptnChuckCaptnChuck Member
    edited August 2020
    Yuyukoyay wrote: »
    He's going to have to wait till were all half android and plug cables into ourselves to enter video games where it can restore his ability to see. xD Ya alot of those systems help bots which can outright ruin the game. They kind of ruined the economy in Lineage 2 pretty hardcore.

Not a topic you should be "xd-ing" at mate.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for commenting and letting me know ur opinions. My friend and I play tons of games together, world of Warcraft currently has a follow feature ( if I’m right ) which I don’t see could be abused. The main ones Which would make the game possible is the follow feature and the voice one. Like he knows he ain’t going be the best gamer, he runs round on shooting games shooting at the sky. So it just so he can join in really. If anyone could get in touch with the devs, creative people Such as devs do well when challenged with a new issue.
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Something that they could actually do would be something like a voice based indicator for direction and what you are looking at (or if your path is blocked by something)

Example:
    You look at the floor and a voice tells you "Floor", you then look up and see an enemy and a voice says "enemy". You walk on a road and the voice tells you "road - straight". Or if you get to a cliff you get a little warning.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options

what a blast to make fun of someone inabilities as if you dont have any of your own. keep watching drawings of 8-12 year old girls pretending theres nothing wrong with you
  • Options
    Rhadek wrote: »

what a blast to make fun of someone inabilities as if you dont have any of your own. keep watching drawings of 8-12 year old girls pretending theres nothing wrong with you

tenor.gif
    sig-Samson-Final.gif