Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Permanency in character development

I'm trying to translate into words my thoughts, so try to stick with me here.

A pillar of AoC is PvP driven content. As in the expansion, destruction, and defense of nodes all revolve around PvP. Let's say you become a ship builder (I think that is a profession; where you can build upgrades for ships to increase their capabilities), and the node you have put massive amounts of effort into gets overtaken, how does this effect the work you have put in?

More specifically, what if you are not interested in directly benefitting any specific node, but wish to offer your services in exchange for currency (such as upgrading boats)? Can you hop between nodes and offer your profession? Do you HAVE to remain loyal to a node, or can you basically be a tradesman with no loyalties?

Respectfully,
Chandler5

Comments

• Options
    You are totally allowed to be a 'lone wolf'. You do not have to gain citizenship in a node, but you also do not gain the bonuses of the nodes.
  • Options
    uaouao Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    if your coastal node gets destroyed and all other developed nodes happen to be far away from water, you may run into problems selling your ship upgrades because noone can use or build ships, so you should have an interest in defending any coastal nodes.
  • Options
    I see! Thank you!!
  • Options
    AardvarkAardvark Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    You are totally allowed to be a 'lone wolf'. You do not have to gain citizenship in a node, but you also do not gain the bonuses of the nodes.
    Except I think 100 percent is eventually in the 5 metro zone if influence meaning you will be paying one of their taxes weather you like it or not
  • Options
    You don't "have" to be a citizen. No one will make you. You don't have to worship a God either, and be agnostic. No one is making you. You choose. Mind you, you won't get those augments, they offer. Your choice.