Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Movement

CaptnChuckCaptnChuck Member
edited August 2020 in General Discussion
The movement looks a little scuffed. The mounts and players don't look like they have weight to their movement. But I'm pretty sure that it will be worked upon in the alpha & beta phases, so I'm not really worried.

Superb skill animations btw. All of them looked great

Comments

• Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Yeah, I am basing a lot of the movement by how the combat animations are and how detailed they have become. I believe they may just be using basic movement coding to get the job done so they can test appropriately. When the mount kind of just pops up and disappears when you dismount....that can't be what final product will look like.
  • Options
    KHRONUS wrote: »
    Yeah, I am basing a lot of the movement by how the combat animations are and how detailed they have become. I believe they may just be using basic movement coding to get the job done so they can test appropriately. When the mount kind of just pops up and disappears when you dismount....that can't be what final product will look like.

Yea they will definitely change that. The turtle jump animation also looked a little weird to me lol.
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @CaptnChuck That's not going to slow me down from buying the turtle if I can. I also loved that reptile looking mount a lot. Since I was forced to buy these embers, I might as well buy some of these sweet looking mounts haha.
  • Options
    The problems i personally had with movement is demounting(its definitely gonna change, so its irrelevant), mount and character strifing left and right, the mounts and players dont lose speed in doing so, which leaves a really weird feeling of inconsistent steps into distance traveled. Except for those 2 everything else are probably just minor tweaks among the way and should not be worried about right now.

Also want to point out that when the tank uses UD(ultimate defense), his movement patern should auto change to walking, since the movement speed is heavily decreased, but it seemed like the model keeps running 20cm/s. Felt awkward.

Aside from that, for a prealpha footage everything else looks superb!!
  • Options
    YuyukoyayYuyukoyay Member
    edited August 2020
    I just wonder how fluent it's going to feel going from one direction to diagonal directions. Alpha WoW looked like a shittier Everquest so I definitely see this changing drastically upon Alpha for this game. Most of the movement animations weren't even done in Alpha WoW though so you just like floated into the air when you jumped sometimes. xD

As long as it uses the normal MMO control when it comes to movement I don't really care. I'll adapt no matter what it is but this is a matter that they probably don't need to reinvent the wheel.

If anything they should unload walls you aren't looking at so that the camera doesn't get stuck in it. I forgot what the actual word is but I just mind hide the visuals on a client basis. Not actually unload the wall. xD They need to do this by camera direction and not character direction of any kind.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options
    As long as my boots can get muddy, I'm game for whatever movement they develop.