Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Ashes of Creation August Update - Hybrid Combat, Castle Sieges and More

JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
As per usual, here is my recap of the livestream

https://youtu.be/qWw1w5VWg-4
hpsmlCJ.jpg
Make sure to check out Ashes 101

Comments

• Options
    InixiaInixia Member
    edited September 2020
    Thank you for the video sir. You mentioned something interesting to me at around 3:10....
    So if I'm understanding this correctly - NPC held castles will have a PVE-boss event where the group that can do the most damage wins the matriarch position(?)
    I feel like that might incentivize players to run more predatory/all-damage groups and punish balanced groups that are focusing on tanking and healing the core mechanics.... or are there reasons I'm not seeing why that wouldn't be the case?
  • Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Inixia wrote: »
    Thank you for the video sir. You mentioned something interesting to me at around 3:10....
    So if I'm understanding this correctly - NPC held castles will have a PVE-boss event where the group that can do the most damage wins the matriarch position(?)
    I feel like that might incentivize players to run more predatory/all-damage groups and punish balanced groups that are focusing on tanking and healing the core mechanics.... or are there reasons I'm not seeing why that wouldn't be the case?

So a big part of that would be if that group pulls aggro, they better be able to handle it, and if they lack healers and tanks, well they will get the ole wipe-a-rino.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101