Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

A "historian" type NPC that records and recalls big events / major changes that happen in a server.

SonggSongg Member
edited August 2020 in General Discussion
Since there are a lot of big events that can happen in a server, and, given how much server worlds can change (e.g. metropolises being developed / sieged, alliances / rivalries, epic wars, big raid battles, guild wars, etc.), it'd be cool if there were some sort of NPC that a player could talk to that would recall these major events / changes.

It would allow new players on the server to immerse themselves in the history of the world, and be nostalgic for longer-term players.

It could also contribute to the legacy of players and guilds, if the names of mayors, or guilds, etc. were recorded as well.

Comments

• Options
    KesarakkKesarakk Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    This kind of NPC would be perfect in the Reliquary. I however can’t see an NPC having good stories to tell about the history of a node. I would say players can submit historical scrolls in the Reliquary to record these events... and of course knowing the human race, these would have to have a player/GM to approve them.
  • Options
    I believe I read that there will be server records available in scientific node buildings (Library and stuff)
  • Options
    Look up the Scribe profession.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Scribes
  • Options
    Research node I feel would have this kind of NPC
    E8OOol.gif
  • Options
    I recall Steven mentioning a server history log, of sorts.

Because each server is different (node development), no two servers will ever be the same. Therefore their history of growth should never coincide.

When he mentioned, this blurb, I invisioned a "time laps" map, or something. Perhaps a log book or tomb in the library? But that's in-game. What about outside the game? That's what I was invisioning.

I like your ideas. What else?
  • Options
    GroxGrox Member
    Pretty cool idea and would fit perfectly for this game I agree.