Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Jobs - Players for Hire $$$

KurrigKurrig Member
edited August 2020 in General Discussion
If Ashes offered job roles say as one of the following would you participate?

We'll say while you work real time there is an exchange of currency credited in game also. Nothing that obviously would offset or upset the economy of the game. This is more in line of social game play, RPGing and bringing players into a single area to immerse players. I'm a big believer in keeping players in one area instead of always hanging out in their home or guild halls.

I believe SWG had one of the best systems ever and that is the WOUND system for your health and mana pools. Essentially over time from combat the player endures wounds which is a perma/temporary/loss of FULL health and mana. The only way to return the player to full health or mana was to go visit the cantina and watch a dancer or listen to musicians. It was really a great time and tons of players packed those cantina's. It was a great social game system.

So here are some job opportunities I've come up with (feel free to add):
  • Bartender - Serves drink and haggles patrons with misc. chit chat. Get paid coin to strike up conversations. Mug throwing optional!
  • Musician - Bring your instrument to the fun, join a group of musicians and play music for the patrons. Tips appreciated.
  • Entertainer - Learn various dance styles then show them off. No more free dance emotes. Learn some skills and get paid!
  • Cook - Invest in cooking skills and whip up some powerful food buffs in the kitchen to be sold at the local tavern.
  • Bank Guard - Offer you're body up to protect the city bank coffers. Players now have an option to STEAL from the bank. Are you daring enough!?
  • Bouncer - Those inebriated, loud mouth patrons getting to touchy-feely with the dancers? Toss'em out for an instant Dual!
  • City Sanitation - Wild nights and inconsiderate civilians leave behind trash in our beautiful city streets to be cleaned up. Would be great to see trash blowing. Sounds boring until that sewer monster grabs your ankle!
  • City Guard - Similar to Bank guard but helps apprehend those would-be thieves that are high tailing it out of the bank! You might have got past the Bank security but you've still got to make your way out of the city!
  • Brewer/Distiller - What would a Tavern be without Ale and Drinks. You're just the person to brew it up back in the kitchen. Yes it might be boring back there but those drinks also offer up buffs instead of just a blurred display! Drinks for magicy stats, Food for physical stats.
  • Prison Guard - Yes it's a boring job but someone has to watch those recently apprehended bounties (opposing nodes aligned guild members) You may also need to be prepared for that criminals guild posse to ride into town and break them out! Summon the guards!

All of these jobs have potential to create additional skills for players to invest their time and points into. Perhaps combat isn't your thing, but entertaining players is!

Comments

• Options
    that would be interesting. It probably wont make it into release, but maybe the later updates?
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    You’ll be able to run a tavern. Crafting is supposed to be pretty involved and will require cooperation since nobody can master every stage of it. There will be a lot of limitations with auction houses; you will likely need to put in effort to buy and sell stuff, there will be little that’s automatic about it. There will be potential leadership positions among the advanced nodes. Caravans need guards.

And that’s all I can think of off the top of my head. If you want opportunities to have a “day job” kind of activity, something outside of questing and grinding, you’ll be able to find it.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    JubilumJubilum Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    I like the mention of working in game to earn coin while you are offline at your real life job. But most of your suggestions would seem to require some kind of in person interaction, like the city guard or bouncer. Jobs like cook or similar where you could put the ingredients in your inventory, que up the job and log off, come back 8 hours later with 100's of meals in your inventory.
  • Options
    Wounds would be an awesome thing to be implemented, would give the game a more realistic feel. I was even thinking of it being a possibility of losing limbs almost and you have to go to a healer that can restore you or something along those lines. Would be ultra realistic.
  • Options
    I /dance for copper. 🕺