Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Camera Rotation and Targeting System

ZulfikarrZulfikarr Member
edited August 2020 in General Discussion
Will there be a free camera rotation without left/right click? Both in combat and non-combat situations there should be a free-looking camera. For example in GW2 there is a option for click rotate and free rotate. Or ESO is only free camera rotate.
@StevenSharif

Comments

• Options
    ShadonSolShadonSol Moderator, Member, Alpha One
    The current information in the Wiki says:

Camera mechanics are similar to ArcheAge (hold mouse buttons to move the camera)

Hope that helps.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    There's going to be a toggle.
  • Options
    There's going to be a toggle.

I want to believe you mate. It depends on this for me to play.
  • Options
    I'm not entirely sure what you're asking, but I'm assuming you mean a reticle-based camera vs traditional mmo-camera

If that's the case then yes, as seen in yesterdays livestream, you can toggle between the two easily like in GW2
  • Options
    ShadonSol wrote: »
    Camera mechanics are similar to ArcheAge (hold mouse buttons to move the camera)

Just FYI for people who haven't played ArcheAge, characters in ArcheAge backpedal and strafe instead of running freely in any direction. The game does not have the option to enable free 360 degree character movement as shown in the second half of this video. It's an option that I'd desperately like to see in Ashes for how much more fluid it would make combat when not in reticle mode.
  • Options
    Dreoh wrote: »
    I'm not entirely sure what you're asking, but I'm assuming you mean a reticle-based camera vs traditional mmo-camera

If that's the case then yes, as seen in yesterdays livestream, you can toggle between the two easily like in GW2

Yes in like GW2 you have a option you click to asigned button and cursor appear. And you can rotate your camera 360 degree free without left/right mouse click.