Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

If I play Healer/Support class am I going to get the short straw with loot drops?

CoconutBanditCoconutBandit Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
I keep hearing about the boss battle loot drops And how they will be dps bases and I’m very concerned that I won’t be getting good drops. I play healer in every game I can because that’s the role I’ve come to love. But I don’t want to be losing out on loot because my dps is next to nothing because my efforts were spent healing the party. Will there be any system for support classes to get high tier loot?

Comments

• CoconutBanditCoconutBandit Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I keep hearing about the boss battle loot drops And how they will be dps bases and I’m very concerned that I won’t be getting good drops. I play healer in every game I can because that’s the role I’ve come to love. But I don’t want to be losing out on loot because my dps is next to nothing because my efforts were spent healing the party. Will there be any system for support classes to get high tier loot?
  • KneczhevoKneczhevo Member
    edited August 2020
    @CoconutBandit

In most all MMORPGs, loot and experience are divided equally.

The argument, is about, outside loot distribution (not in the party).

Raid loot is usually where people get pissy about loot, because it's top tier. Everyone "needs" a great item, wether they are deserving, or not. If they can't use it, they want to sell it.

As a healer. Fear not. Your competition for loot, is deminished. Because the DPS wants pew pew gear, not healzmeplz stuffs. But, if you go DPS healer, you might have competition.

Edit: If your raiding. There should already be a loot rule set up, before the raid. And chances are, you will be raiding with your guild. Don't like the loot rules, leave your guild.
    Thanks for the answer! I don’t plan on being a dps healer. I do plan on trying my best to be a super helpful healer.
  • @CoconutBandit

Great! We need healers. Now you gunna use totems or flair healing?
    @Kneczhevo I haven’t decided yet. I’m waiting to see what skills will be available before I choose
  • NicowarsNicowars Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Looting works as follows: If your party hit the boss first, then as a group, you only need to do 40% or more damage onto it to gain looting rights. If your party isn't the first to hit the boss, your party will need to do 60% or higher to gain looting rights. So as a healer, as long as you are in a party with some people playing as DPS, you should be fine.
  • edited September 2020
    Hi there - it sounds like there may be some confusion around DPS being the primary factor; your DPS comes into play for EXP gain/loot drops based on how your GROUP'S DPS as a whole compares to another group's if you're fighting against the same mob. That doesn't mean you'll be "fighting" within your party for EXP or loot based on your own personal DPS.

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread out now, but please don't hesitate to reach back out if there's anything else we can assist you with in the meantime!

(Edit: I saw you might have accidentally multi-posted your topic, so I went ahead and merged those threads together into this one!)
    community_management.gif
This discussion has been closed.