Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Robyn Hoodwinkers WRU?

Just learning; that taxes (coinage) will be in the caravan system.

Who's excited about griefing the king!?!

Comments

• Options
    Derfman of Loxsly reporting in. 💰
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited August 2020
    Totally.
    I was happy that I could attempt to steal from merchants, stealing directly from the dominant guilds is going to be great.

This is meaningful PvP and progress tied to it.

Not battleground lv up and gearing.
  • Options
    Hurf DerfmanHurf Derfman Member
    edited August 2020
    I wonder how many tax collectors I'd have to rob before I could buy at seat of power at an economic node? 🤔
  • Options
    DemidreamerDemidreamer Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Yes, that's a very interesting dynamic. However, i don't think you can hoodwink "your" king of the region. Now the guy on the other side of the hill is a different scenario..
  • Options
    It would be a lot of fun to be able to play as an "outlaw" in Ashes of Creation. Living off the land and never settling down in one specific node and putting the heat on abusive kings and queens then disappearing into the woodlands or mountains after raising some hell with me and the boys.

I would love to be part of a quasi-role-playing guild that modeled themselves after Robin Hood and his merry men. It would probably mean becoming corrupted and hunted down by bounty hunters but it would be cool to play as a chaotic good type rebel character.
    ezgif-3-b7b5eae89b.gif
  • Options
    @Ljosalfar

Guess what? Caravans aren't affected by corruption. It's an event. You don't flag red, when attacking caravans. Reds can't play with caravans, or shouldn't.
  • Options
    Kneczhevo wrote: »
    @Ljosalfar

Guess what? Caravans aren't affected by corruption. It's an event. You don't flag red, when attacking caravans. Reds can't play with caravans, or shouldn't.

That's probably how I would do it, if I wanted to stick it to proverbial man as an outlaw or vigilante, hit the caravans; attack their resources and put some pressure on the man.
    ezgif-3-b7b5eae89b.gif
  • Options
    Ljosalfar wrote: »
    Kneczhevo wrote: »
    @Ljosalfar

That's probably how I would do it, if I wanted to stick it to proverbial man as an outlaw or vigilante, hit the caravans; attack their resources and put some pressure on the man.

Yes but once I rob the nobility blind I'm going to buy a seat if power at an economic node, and become the man... And work a deal with you to recoup my lost tax revenue. Muhaha.
  • Options
    KneczhevoKneczhevo Member
    edited August 2020
    I spending that phat lewts on resources, for my siege on his summerhouse.

Cattlepaults, ftw.