Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Character leg length a little short

I don't know if I'm the only one, but I'm not used to realistic leg proportions in my fantasy games. The characters seem rather stubby in this game. Slightly longer legs would go a long way to add more elegance to the races :)

While I'm at it I'll say that the run animation is also a little weird. The legs go out to the sides a lot with each step... more forward movement would look nice!

Just thought I would clump my bs into one post. I actually love just about everything I'm seeing from the dev discussions and updates!

Comments

• Options
    They will be adjusting a ton of things throughout the alphas and betas to make everything smoother and more realistic, I’m sure we have nothing to worry about when it comes to stiff movement and stubby character models. (:
  • Options
    palabanapalabana Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Running and walking animation were the two things that threw me off a lot before. They have improved a lot and I have no complaint anymore. There's still a lot of room to improve obviously. At least the animations are not as goofy anymore.
  • Options
    Please note that this is a very early iteration on character design. This will get better over time. Or, if not, we will get used to it... :)
  • Options
    Potato BasketPotato Basket Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Please note that this is a very early iteration on character design. This will get better over time. Or, if not, we will get used to it... :)

You gotta stop this copy pasta bs
  • Options
    What is wrong with answering the OP? Am I not allowed to type the answer I want to type?
  • Options
    Potato BasketPotato Basket Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    What is wrong with answering the OP? Am I not allowed to type the answer I want to type?

Have fun
  • Options
    @BobzUrUncle I agree with @ninfosho, Im not going to sit here and assume that things "will get better over time" or that "we will get used to it". I'll never get used to being hand-held through one of my games, EVER. And to quote someone else on a recent thread, "That's the whole point of the testing, to hear these rants and feedback. Do you expect them to know what's wrong if nobody would point it out?" - ninfosho. Oh it was nin, lol
  • Options
    DreohDreoh Member
    edited August 2020
    ninfosho wrote: »

You gotta stop this copy pasta bs

Idk, I think it's pretty important to reiterate this kind of thing, because a lot of people for whatever reason don't see these kinds of comments, unless you post them in many places.

You already see all these posts about "This looks bad" or "Why is the UI so bad" even after the devs were very very clear and stated many times in the livestream that this was alpha content and everything was placeholder.

Some people just don't listen to these things unless you bash it into their minds.

Edit: I mean, if you were to read through my comment history, half of it is me reiterating the same thing because people reply to my comments without actually reading the whole thing and I have to re-explain what I've already said in the comment they've replied to.
  • Options
    I understand that things are pre-alpha! I just wanted to see what people thought since it may be too late to adjust a huge library of armors and animations that all stem from the base. Something that's so central to aesthetic can get pretty rooted early on I think.

Best case scenario is that it's flexible but I think that's more to ask for than an opinion review on the current state of the game.

Like some others have said in the thread: it's important to get a measure of how players feel even if it only leads to internal discussions at Intrepid. They might get burnt out on the barrage of speculation, but I'm sure their team prefers reading the threads knowing they have something up their sleeve in waiting than to be working blindly. They keep encouraging the discussion on the forums and social media so that's what we're here for. :) Keep it clean guys.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Lalabu wrote: »
    I understand that things are pre-alpha! I just wanted to see what people thought since it may be too late to adjust a huge library of armors and animations that all stem from the base. Something that's so central to aesthetic can get pretty rooted early on I think.
    Nah, the way games are developed, you can alter this quite late in the piece - as in, post launch if you wanted to.
  • Options
    I think character visuals are faaar from done. Anything tied to the most dynamic entity in a game - the character - takes a lot to finish, this includes appearance, animations on many situations, balance, etc. The player is the central part so it's quite understandable that graphics go through several passes before it's fully complete (though I already like it!).
    "Magic is not a tool, little one. It is a river that unites us in its current."

I heard a bird ♫