Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Leveling experiences

NexlerNexler Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
Maybe this has already been asked but what is the current plan for leveling? Will questing or grinding be more relevant, and If questing is more important then does that mean leveling will be painfully slow until nodes advance?

Comments

• unkown at this point.

From what i understood you first have to "grind" your node to level 1.
    Doing that by gathering or killing mobs.
    At that point the first npcs and the first quests should appear.
    The higher level the node the more quests the node has.

I believe they said that they try to get a balance between kill grind and quest grind.
    Questing can be tedious as well after all. So personally i prefer dump killing over bad questing.

Thats at least what i understood so far so correct me if i am wrong.
    53ap2sc6pdgv.gif
  • H8edHeroH8edHero Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I would like to see both forms be viable. I personally like mob grinding.
  • GrievousnessGrievousness Member
    edited August 2020
    According to the wiki exp will be gained through a variety of activities, namely:
    PvP
    PvE
    Exploration
    Gathering/Processing/Crafting
    Events/Quests

The estimated leveling time to cap is about 180-270 hours playtime.

It should also be noted that they the wiki refers to simple kill quests as "tasks".
    (for example: kill 5 wolves)
    Those will be available at a node and grant exp in addition to the mobs.

They also state:
    "Repetition will not be part of progression in Ashes of Creation"
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Leveling#Grinding
    Therefore it seems fair to assume that they don't want you to grind mobs endlessly.
    But focus on events/tasks instead that may just make you grind mobs but more efficient.

As far as I am aware it is totally possible, that slow node advancement also slows down leveling.
    This could happen because the level of the mobs around a node also increase once the node advances.
    So in theory you could outlevel the mobs in your home area thus impacting your level speed.
    Even though I think this is unlikely to happen if features are balanced properly.

If quests or grinding is more efficient I do not know, also I think this is a balancing thingy that can change at any point until release.
    My guess would be that you will do tasks/events, etc. and once you completed all available,
    you will look for a grind spot.