Artisan (Profession) branding?

KronKrianKronKrian Member
edited September 2020 in General Discussion
What do you think of the idea of players that have mastered their Artisan profession of choice, be
able to sell or distribute what they make or gather with their own personal brand or name on the item or resource? This ability to create a personal brand could be competed for by players that have mastered their profession. Every node (or server) could have the ability to allow limited amount of brands, starting from a certain level of a node or something like that. Of course, these brands should be temporary, so that players would have the ability to compete for them again, though how long should ownership of the ability to branding last, i have no idea.
Examples of branding would be:
Smiths, branding their creations (gif related) with a custom symbol representing them or just their name initials before selling them, so as to be known that the item in question comes from a renowned for quality smith.
Herbalists, for example using special strings with which to tie together the herbs with the person's brand binded along the herbs.
Smelters, would be able to mark their ingots or other products with their brand (again, gif related) before sell. Etc.
These brands would serve as a recognition for certain outstanding individuals who have truly mastered the most intricate details of their profession and for which their brand would be an undeniable proof of a product or a resource of the highest possible quality. It could also be made so that Guilds that have members possessing a brand be marked with a ribbon next to their Guild icon, so as to stand out from the rest. I think it's would be pretty cool idea and it would greatly contribute to the immersion of the complex world the devs are trying to create.
giphy.gif

Comments

• TwangTwang Member
    edited September 2020
    Small scale companies could be cool for item pooling n selling together with payouts done by a system rather than the honor system. But at most for a brand that could really work is for a way for wholesalers to find each other easier. Further item variants would be too much I think
  • this would be interesting, with it creating a system so that traders can band together.
  • hmmmm... Maybe not a rare thing for players to be able to do, more like something cosmetic beyond just putting a name on a item would work in my opinion.