Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Nvidia 30 series ampere tech stream

Balrog21Balrog21 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
Did anyone else watch the nvidia stream on the new 30 series? Wowzers......cheap too!

Comments

• Options
    SamsonSamson Member
    edited September 2020
    I watched it... It was a pretty good presentation. I think it's finally time to update from my 1080Ti to a 3080 or 3090.

But I don't think the appropriate word to use is "cheap"... The cards are now relatively 'affordable' compared to older generations, that's for sure.

Image Ray Tracing in AoC... O.O
    sig-Samson-Final.gif
  • Options
    KnytemaireKnytemaire Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I am going to be glad I waited to upgrade I think :)
    Lyriss-Sig-Test.png
    Lyriss L'Enescor - Empyrean Cleric of Gray Sentinels
  • Options
    I saw it on Asmongold's stream. It's incredible, even the 3070 is faster than the 2080 Ti and is way cheaper. I will be upgrading very soon.
  • Options
    I got an 1070, so I’m ready to upgrade!
    Now I just need to see if I’ll buy 3070 or if it’s worth to go 3080.
    The problem is that I need everything new, cpu, psu, ram... you name it. I probably need a new monitor as well. So that’s why I may cheap out with the 3070.

Also, do we have any info if AoC will support RTX?
    Member_Baconbread.png
  • Options
    Hell yeah I did. I'll be getting an rtx 3070 laptop next year.
  • Options
    NodoffNodoff Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The hype is real... Sept 24th can't come soon enough, I need a 3090 in my life.
    11wn1c3qmy20.gif
  • Options
    Potato BasketPotato Basket Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited September 2020
    I hope aoc will utilize the new tools of ue 4.25 like rtx, the chaos engine, audio engine, the new insight tool for animations and networking etc..

Together with the new cards it can be an incredible groundbreaking mmo in every aspect, conceptual and visual

The tools are there, now it's up to the developers
  • Options
    I waited months for this GPU..I just built a new system mostly ROG with 3 LG 32inch 1440p monitors..All I am waiting to do is the chance to get my hands on a 3090..I have been out of gaming since Dark age of Camalot..About six months decided to get back into playing..I was going to try CVamalot Unchained but they got way to many problems..So here I wait till they start with the $375 pack..Also Nvidea must be a little worried about BIG Navi because I was surprised about the price..It even brought down the 20 series prices on Ebay now..
  • Options
    Nodoff wrote: »
    The hype is real... Sept 24th can't come soon enough, I need a 3090 in my life.

Got that right...I wonder how much ROG is going to really stick it to us on the price? Also have you guys noticed on Ebay before the show people were selling 2080ti $1600 and up...After the show $their around $600..Plus I have never seen so many 2080ti on Ebay before in my life...