Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

[Suggestion] Content Creators

Let me begin, by saying; how much I appreciate you, the Content Creators. I am envious of you, and your talents. I have no such talent or creativity, nor means. I can only be your cheerleader (as I am for AoC).

We see some stories, and some great fan art (drawings, clay modeling and pixals posts). There's a fella trying to get a radio show going. I love all these creative concepts and ideas. This is what a community is all about!

With that said. I am really excited about AoC, and share your passion, and I want more, more, more. So, I'd like to share some ideas with you, since I am incapable to Create anything, atm.

Intrepid is creating a game with little to no lore. This is a clean slate. An empty canvas.
We are seeing development of a new world, and told "we" will be the writers of our own destinies and fate.
I know this is foreign to us. We have always been given a lore, a path to follow. Well, times have changed, and we have a new game with new concepts. We, the players, have the opportunity to have an impact, in the development of AoC (Vera), and not just gameplay.

With our stories, pictures, songs, videos, etc., "maybe" the devs will notice our efforts, and include them. Perhaps they will take inspiration from our creative minds and put them in game (how cool would that be?). It doesn't hurt to try, and share our journeys. We have time, and they are still assembling.

What we do know about AoC; we are returning to Vera, with no prior knowledge (clean slate), from Santus.

Again. This leaves us open to our own stories. What does the world (Vera) look like from your eyes? What creatures will we encounter? How do you invision the Corruption laying waste to the lands and mutating all the living. How about those stories about how you want to be an assassin, payed to kill the King by a rival guild. Or your dwarf, who dual wields shields (those wild ideas are in the General forums). The material is there, folks. Access those brain cells. We don't need game mechanics to dictate our creativity. Grab the reigns, and get galloping.

"But we need God Lore and such". Pssh. Make up a God. Maybe give a name and history behind your diety, and maybe it become immortal in game (if the devs approve). Maybe not, and your diety gets eaten by one of the true Gods. Leaving you an atheist. The stories are boundless, atm.

Ideas I have... Clamations. Lego buildings, LARPing, Songs from the Minstrels, Costumes. Flow charts for these complex rules, animations even better. Let's see more corrupted pets and mounts pics and ani. Help us name nodes. The possibilities are boundless, and you will gain reputation and likes. You will become known in the real world, even if your content does not make it in game. Besides it will quench our thirst, while we wait for development.

I really don't have much more to say. I just hope I have inspired you to get those brain juice's flowing and assist the developers in creating a fresh new world for us to burn. And keep us entertained while we wait for release.

Thanks for reading. /Rantoff

Comments

• Options
    I happened upon TavernSideGaming streaming, last night. And he was showcasing some of your, Content Creators, works.

I was really surprised, when one of the Creators was in the chat, giving input to his/her works. OMG! This was a treat.

I really liked to see one Creators concept art on husbandry, and their creations for in-game creatures. Really interesting ideas.

Seeing, and discussing 3d art was cool. I want those items in RL.

Yes, I know these creations are on these forums. I'm just excited about your exposure. The word is getting out.

Keep them coming, folks. Y'all have some fantastic ideas. Let's keep the momentum going. 😁
  • Options
    I think giving content creators the ability to decide how stuff will look/sound/feel in game is just going to piss people off. Why should they be allowed to do that?

If you're referring to everyone being given that ability though, I still disagree lol. I personally wouldn't want anyone, including myself, naming anything in Verra. That is just a path to damnation.

When it comes to art though it would be pretty cool to see some fan art, mounts ideas , cosmetics etc. being put into the game. It would give that "We created this" thing feel.
  • Options
    @CaptnChuck I do appreciate your feedback. I do see where you are coming from. These are just ideas I "we" have, and everything is debatable and for concideration.

Nothing is guaranteed. I'm just trying to get the community excited. And... You never know.

Steven and crew are probably laughing at me, right now. But, you know what? My intentions are nothing but pure fanboism. 😁