Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Ability to play music ingame

MozartMozart Member
edited September 2020 in General Discussion
I'm wondering if there will be a system like in archeage where you can code musical notes to be played by ingame instruments, that's one of the features i wanna see but haven't heard about it

Comments

• Options
    TimeraiderTimeraider Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited September 2020
    While I have no doubt that there are disadvantages (aka, toxic people abusing it to annoy people in different ways) and they would have to create an entire system of itself within the game because you're ofcourse not allowed to run software/plugins interacting with the game like for example the LOTRO music system uses.

I must admit that both in LOTRO and FFXIV, the instrument system was mostly used quite nicely and I have had good memories of there being small orchestra's playing songs.

Hoping they might take a look at something like this eventuallyy.
    SoulfulDisastrousIrukandjijellyfish-small.gif
    A being can not judge light if he has never seen it, neither can he judge darkness if he never has been it
  • Options
    Potato BasketPotato Basket Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I hope you won't be able to play your instrument freely

Make it only in taverns or something

Or even better, the tavern owner gets to place one instrument in the tavern and only one player can play it at a time
  • Options
    TimeraiderTimeraider Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited September 2020
    ninfosho wrote: »
    I hope you won't be able to play your instrument freely

Make it only in taverns or something

Or even better, the tavern owner gets to place one instrument in the tavern and only one player can play it at a time

Owyeah, certainly limit it a bit.
    Though still... as annoying as it can be made... having some trumpets putting out some wartunes before a battle, could be quite cool.. XD
    SoulfulDisastrousIrukandjijellyfish-small.gif
    A being can not judge light if he has never seen it, neither can he judge darkness if he never has been it
  • Options
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    My music will be the screams of my dieing foes lying on the floor begging for mercy.

Wouldnt mind though if I had someone to play Despacito for them one last time in the background while that happens.

I honestly hope that they will one day implement something like the Shawzim from Warframe. That sh*t is awesome!
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    LyiatLyiat Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    ArchAge allowed you to write musical compositions and perform them based on your musical ability in the game. If AoC can do the same, that'd frankly be awesome. I loved being able to play, 'Drunken Sailor' on the high seas with my flute as we rushed off to plunder a cargo ship.
  • Options

thanks for the time, great awnser