Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Mounts and Beasts Concept ideas for Monthly Cosmetics and in the game!

Anduin KayvaanAnduin Kayvaan Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Alpha One
edited September 2020 in General Discussion
In a game as fantastical as Ashes of Creation I have seen the weirdest combinations of beasts to create unique animal concepts. Now with that in mind I asked my guild mates and friends about what mounts and beasts they would like to see in this game! I was not disappointed, I would like to have this thread be continuously adding more and more ideas and concepts! But here are the images and concepts they found from other games, movies, or concepts.

A lizard mount with plenty of baggage!
zhe-yue-mount.jpg?width=1200&height=553

A rainbow pegasus with a unicorn horn.
latest.png?width=599&height=585

A Hippogriff (This has already been confirmed in monthly cosmetics)
image0.jpg?width=523&height=585

Chameleon mount that changes colors based on the season or biome.
wow__fan_made_chameleon_mount_by_ruzakdrawing_dbtggvx-fullview.png?width=1200&height=370

A Caragor from Shadow of Mordor, a simple hard hided Cat/wolf mount
300

A lightning lizard/ wolf. Something that makes thunder sound as it steps and has static and lightening around it as it goes faster and faster into a full gallop.


A war Mammoth, because who does not want to ride into town or into battle on the back of such a beast.image0.jpg

We all know that Geese are evil and that they will attack people on sight! So why not ride them into battle on your own giant battle goose!
image0.jpg

A owl mixed with a raptor/ dragon
owl_dragon_by_bean056_d39twp1-fullview.png?width=780&height=585

Owl Bear without wings!
2Q.png

Raptor, mixed with a bird, and dragon
MHGen-Yian_Garuga_Render_001.png

Wholly Rhino (Already confirmed in game) BUT! I would like to see a Gorilla mixed with a Rhino.
081220_bb_rhino_feat-1028x579.png

Wargs/ Wolf mounts
77805_304318676348257_2011093051_o1-1-.jpg
lOkfXAm.jpg?width=828&height=585
mononoke-1.jpg

Air Bison could be a solo or group mount!
unknown.png?width=434&height=585

Wild cat Panther
27991a3a0a1f19275ac827890fdbf5cb.jpg

Lion/ Deer/ Pegasus
f7302b0fecb38e08fae72d5e5a16642a--creature-fantasy-fantasy-creatures.jpg

White Tiger/ Pegasus
AshenRider.jpg?width=805&height=585

Feathered Ground Dragon
X8y8MF5YCQI2WRggmwYpKAXwTKOV3O2iDO3ivJDIrvbDX9AcS3exyGjfGAasut5FLUBYjuwehwneg8M4g8mTy8P59Yj_c4pbQJTh.png

Lightning Sea Dragon/ Alligator Mount, for all those island nodes.
374fabe745863a03eaafb84651bc1a57.png

Chubby Lizards!
07n1qpshvf901.jpg?width=984&height=585

Sting Rays/ Manta Rays (RIP Steve Irwin)
kate-pfeilschiefter-manta-render-03-edit.jpg?width=829&height=585

Boar Mounts!
Hobbit-Battle-Five-Armies-Photos-Dain-Ironfoot.jpg
f7CdzEb3VVQFpf3jE_5vdfFfJAwf06GElX2dH37OD7nnyofmqn7nvEaAq2aZx4Ig1z4OnDykuBdv2xEP2FEwOuUdtK6WPqhD8NVD.png

Guinea Pig Mounts!
ed1b1923a6.png

Chipmunk/ Squirrel Mounts
Chipmunk-DL-800.png?width=780&height=585

Scorpion Mounts
Screenshot_20200902-094121.png?width=284&height=585
Screenshot_20200902-094212.png?width=284&height=585


A Seahorse Mount! Give us plenty of amphibious mounts to choose from!

A rat/ cat/ spider! Thank you Star Wars
Nexu2.jpg?width=1124&height=586

March of the Penguins!
penguin_by_forrestimel-d5htxg3.png?width=731&height=585

Turtle Ducks!
tumblr_61528442e0f45e9c561c95af9d8b8642_923ef3de_540.jpg


Again! Please keep the thread going to give the devs more ideas! I asked my guildies to give ideas so please ask yours and add them to this list!
ckja7ry05gj4.png
Gray Sentinels Guild Recruitment https://tinyurl.com/Gray-Sentinels

Comments

  • aocjakeaocjake Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I think from our discussion some possibilities are mounts that utilize the abilities of the rider (arcane blinking mounts, stealthy mounts for sneaking up on enemies, wall climbing mounts for getting past walls particularly during seiges, or maybe tank based mounts that will help block movement) could be an interesting concept.

    With so many mounts out there in other games there's so much inspiration to draw from. From cute, to creepy, to majestic, and awe-inspiring these are some great ideas of mounts that have been done but could be reimagined.
  • Thoghli RamheartThoghli Ramheart Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited September 2020
    War ram mount!
  • Anduin KayvaanAnduin Kayvaan Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Alpha One
    War ram mount!

    I was thinking of mixing a War Boar and a War Ram
    Give it the Boars front half, the Ram back half but with a furry curly pig tail.
    And the face would have Ram Horns and the tusks
    ckja7ry05gj4.png
    Gray Sentinels Guild Recruitment https://tinyurl.com/Gray-Sentinels
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I got nearly everything I ever wanted as a mount this month: A fox.
    Now I whish for my most beloved mount EVER from WoW.
    The Raven Lord.
    latest?cb=20080319023751
    roaaztC.gif
  • Not enough creepy stuff in here. What about Underrealm mounts and ugly bois? Yes.
    latest?cb=20180723001626

    f9415233155cc28941ba6ced69e9a1a3.jpg

    61107270-2234436933302720-3717808203489083392-n_orig.jpg

    fire_salamander_concept_by_grifforik_d6i1sez-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD02MDQiLCJwYXRoIjoiXC9mXC85MGY3NmQ2YS0yZDY5LTQyMzUtOTQzNi01OTU4MzQ5NzE0NTVcL2Q2aTFzZXotNjZlNGY1Y2UtZjY1MS00MTk4LTkwZjAtMTkxNDc1ZTE1ZDY0LmpwZyIsIndpZHRoIjoiPD05NjAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.h7dbR_BEtyHWlX5qW-Tq4jA3ib8gvnUzAT_asCQSoAg

    Credit to the artists for these nice depictions.
  • AodhineAodhine Member
    edited September 2020
    The Brothers Fenrir and Jörmungandr. Fenrir as a Land Mount and Jörmungandr as a Water mount (Smaller than their actual sizes Of Course)
  • Anduin KayvaanAnduin Kayvaan Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Alpha One
    Damokles wrote: »
    I got nearly everything I ever wanted as a mount this month: A fox.
    Now I whish for my most beloved mount EVER from WoW.
    The Raven Lord.
    latest?cb=20080319023751

    Ooo I always forget about that mount but that is for sure something I would like to see!
    ckja7ry05gj4.png
    Gray Sentinels Guild Recruitment https://tinyurl.com/Gray-Sentinels
  • dustdust Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Something like Appa or the Cat/Kitten Bus would be pretty cool! I love the way they move. 529cd17fdb9bc857eec3a7402c74a988.jpg
    GS_REX_Sig_mid.png
  • ZenmaraZenmara Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited September 2020
    I would add for the Scorpion mounts what I said in our chat about husbandry. Ashes of Creation could have two dungeon bosses, both huge scorpions, on opposite sides of Verra (or close to it) If you were lucky enough to get said scorpion baby drops from said bosses, and breed them, they would allow you to breed a rare subspecies of Jeweled scorpions with colors like emerald, ruby, and topaz, etcetera.

    We already have seen the dragons, and I'm thinking these could be more end game mounts that everyone has the ability to get, you just have to find both bosses. Or be willing to trade the babies that could breed inside husbandry pens. Breed together and you can get normal ones like "Clash of Titans" concept art that you posted above. But find the other babies and you get the potential to get the jeweled ones!

    An idea for Caravans

    If the Dev team wanted to make them very big and unable to actually enter a Node, then perhaps some of these huge scorpions could have caravans put on their backs and basically be a mini boss that protects the goods in your caravan (on their backs).

    If they do die, you lose the ability to use that caravan scorpion for anything except as a mount.

    Thank you for posting the thread Anduin, I hope the development team likes the ideas as much as I do!
    "The Angel of Death is the Invisible Angel of Life."
  • Dukem96Dukem96 Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter
    Holy. So many of these are so good. I don't even know where to begin; take my money.
  • ZenmaraZenmara Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Jet wrote: »
    Holy. So many of these are so good. I don't even know where to begin; take my money.


    Aside from my favorite, scorpion, if they do something for dragons/lightning or that Flying death spider, yeah, take more $$$ 🤣😂😭🔥
    "The Angel of Death is the Invisible Angel of Life."
  • Dukem96Dukem96 Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter
    Zenmara wrote: »
    Jet wrote: »
    Holy. So many of these are so good. I don't even know where to begin; take my money.


    Aside from my favorite, scorpion, if they do something for dragons/lightning or that Flying death spider, yeah, take more $$$ 🤣😂😭🔥

    The goose, elephant, lizard, goose, wolf, scorpion, guinea pig, they're all amazing >_> I wouldn't be able to resist, even though I know its a terrible thing to do before I even play the game lol
  • ZenmaraZenmara Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    You know a Lightning elemental skin similar to the fire and ice one would sale amazingly well.
    "The Angel of Death is the Invisible Angel of Life."
  • 25d189d6d179718b8c5b86390324529a.jpg
    7659e359e60b42899e954ff7eb83438d--fantasy-creatures-mythical-creatures.jpg
    16272-tidestallion-nazjatar-mount-preview-inkscale-deepseeker.jpg
    509318f6808a35ed05a820a80ebaae8e.jpg
    d9b002f36692ad3fc996753f87c09a0e--creature-fantasy-fantasy-creatures.jpg
    FrontierGen-Barioth_Render_001.png
    image_126987.jpg
    0f0ab67c3197ce0d7af81b6ab650b9ef.jpg
    3d716aa8ea719822b94e6bb0ba0f4734.jpg
    8cf7fb013a1cdf7544537b8f0e0265f4.jpg

    These are just some concept ideas that I've come across, and thought were pretty cool and unique in their own ways.
  • ZenmaraZenmara Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    That Saber-tooth-Dragon and double headed White tiger/Ram thing are amazing. The Wholly Mammoth is beautifully done. I know a few dwarves that wont stop talking about Mammoth mounts.
    "The Angel of Death is the Invisible Angel of Life."
  • ZenmaraZenmara Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I would love a handful of Wyverns, mount or otherwise.
    "The Angel of Death is the Invisible Angel of Life."
  • Anduin KayvaanAnduin Kayvaan Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Alpha One
    cietrun wrote: »
    25d189d6d179718b8c5b86390324529a.jpg
    7659e359e60b42899e954ff7eb83438d--fantasy-creatures-mythical-creatures.jpg
    16272-tidestallion-nazjatar-mount-preview-inkscale-deepseeker.jpg
    509318f6808a35ed05a820a80ebaae8e.jpg
    d9b002f36692ad3fc996753f87c09a0e--creature-fantasy-fantasy-creatures.jpg
    FrontierGen-Barioth_Render_001.png
    image_126987.jpg
    0f0ab67c3197ce0d7af81b6ab650b9ef.jpg
    3d716aa8ea719822b94e6bb0ba0f4734.jpg
    8cf7fb013a1cdf7544537b8f0e0265f4.jpg

    These are just some concept ideas that I've come across, and thought were pretty cool and unique in their own ways.

    I love the mixing of species in alot of these concepts
    ckja7ry05gj4.png
    Gray Sentinels Guild Recruitment https://tinyurl.com/Gray-Sentinels
  • ZenmaraZenmara Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    It does make them stand out, that's for sure!
    "The Angel of Death is the Invisible Angel of Life."
  • IYIIYI Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Unfortunately I have nothing to reference or show for concept art at the moment. But I really hope that they add a mount that is a demon who stands tall and looks terrifying that you ride like a backpack. Whether or not you get this in a monthly cosmetic pack or from an in-game achievement such as a pvp rank in arenas or something along those lines would be extremely awesome.
    "Imagine dying to a broken sword."
    fzzNnU7.png

  • Hellish kangaroo mount where you ride in the pouch. B)
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Tiss the season to be spooky

    d5gczyy-a82bfed6-17db-4b2e-9ef3-a094a451f817.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpc3MiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwic3ViIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTpmaWxlLmRvd25sb2FkIl0sIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiIvZi85NDY0YmU5MS1lZTBmLTQxNTAtYmM3My1lODJmNmE3ODBmYTIvZDVnY3p5eS1hODJiZmVkNi0xN2RiLTRiMmUtOWVmMy1hMDk0YTQ1MWY4MTcuanBnIn1dXX0.qIPafkTKA8A3IzhU4Mssr0kFS1ZoTdfAA4ra5TuG6lA
    CwW187YVQAEtnhC.jpg
    492d644d0399b5ebb2971eb6a77df776.jpg
    bde40fff50ab3a570eed419d5d1e6126.jpg
    nJ0vUSm.gif

    The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Some of those are gorgeous
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited October 2020
    Nagash wrote: »
    Tiss the season to be spooky

    d5gczyy-a82bfed6-17db-4b2e-9ef3-a094a451f817.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpc3MiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwic3ViIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTpmaWxlLmRvd25sb2FkIl0sIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiIvZi85NDY0YmU5MS1lZTBmLTQxNTAtYmM3My1lODJmNmE3ODBmYTIvZDVnY3p5eS1hODJiZmVkNi0xN2RiLTRiMmUtOWVmMy1hMDk0YTQ1MWY4MTcuanBnIn1dXX0.qIPafkTKA8A3IzhU4Mssr0kFS1ZoTdfAA4ra5TuG6lA
    CwW187YVQAEtnhC.jpg
    492d644d0399b5ebb2971eb6a77df776.jpg
    bde40fff50ab3a570eed419d5d1e6126.jpg

    This months skin was already leaked xD
    image0.jpg

    Nice try though @Nagash
    roaaztC.gif
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Damokles wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »
    Tiss the season to be spooky

    d5gczyy-a82bfed6-17db-4b2e-9ef3-a094a451f817.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpc3MiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwic3ViIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTpmaWxlLmRvd25sb2FkIl0sIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiIvZi85NDY0YmU5MS1lZTBmLTQxNTAtYmM3My1lODJmNmE3ODBmYTIvZDVnY3p5eS1hODJiZmVkNi0xN2RiLTRiMmUtOWVmMy1hMDk0YTQ1MWY4MTcuanBnIn1dXX0.qIPafkTKA8A3IzhU4Mssr0kFS1ZoTdfAA4ra5TuG6lA
    CwW187YVQAEtnhC.jpg
    492d644d0399b5ebb2971eb6a77df776.jpg
    bde40fff50ab3a570eed419d5d1e6126.jpg

    This months skin was already leaked xD
    image0.jpg

    Nice try though @Nagash

    Oh you know I have to spread my spookiness
    nJ0vUSm.gif

    The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
Sign In or Register to comment.