Classes Fantasy

S4irunS4irun Member
edited September 2020 in General Discussion
Hi guys, I try to find something about the fantasy behind the classes but dont find anything, There is some information or is to early? for example want to know the diference between Predator(Rogue+Ranger) and Scout(Ranger+Rogue).

Edit: btw i dont want nothing especific or tecnical i am good with just the idea that they will have.

P/D: If some one know some place where i can frezze myself until this game release will be apreciate.

Comments

• lunarskylunarsky Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    It's too early for specifics. They should be releasing more class information leading up to Alpha 1 for main archetypes and later on for subclasses in terms of what they offer so you can get a better idea of the difference. At this point, we really only know that the subclass augments the main classes' abilities but we don't know what exactly all of those augments are. We also have no idea what other augments you can earn will be via systems like a religion for example.
    Future Py'rai (M) - Shaman, Enchanter, Soul Weaver, Templar, or Necromancer (Pending)
    Future Crafting Plans: Herbalism > Alchemy & Scribe or Mining > Metalworking > Jewel cutting (Pending)
  • @S4irun all the information we have is subject to change since they are so early in development but so far the class system seems to be that your primary archetype determines what abilities you have access to and your secondary archetype will give you different ways to adjust those abilities. So rogue/ranger would have access to the rogue abilities as the base and ranger/rogue would have access to the ranger abilities as the base.

The clearest example they have given is fighter/mage: normally fighter has a charge ability that lets you move quickly to a target and knock them down but when you are fighter/mage you can upgrade your charge to instantly teleport you to the target instead of dashing to them.
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Some classes have main class locked abilities, like rogue stealth or cleric big heals for others.

Rogue/Ranger would have stealth, while Ranger/Rogue wouldnt have stealth.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    S4irun wrote: »
    Hi guys, I try to find something about the fantasy behind the classes but dont find anything, There is some information or is to early? for example want to know the diference between Predator(Rogue+Ranger) and Scout(Ranger+Rogue).

Edit: btw i dont want nothing especific or tecnical i am good with just the idea that they will have.

P/D: If some one know some place where i can frezze myself until this game release will be apreciate.

A time capsule would be great! This game is really giving me the "everything else sucks" kind of vibe. As for the class combos, I personally don't want to learn anything about them until alpha 2. I'm tempted to keep myself in the dark and just go with my gut and learn as I play. Although I will probably break down and read everything I can right before alpha 2 haha.
  • Damokles wrote: »
    Some classes have main class locked abilities, like rogue stealth or cleric big heals for others.

Well, Ranger/Rogue wouldn't have an active stealth, but they would have access to a passive stealth since Stealth is one of the four schools of augment of Rogue. The difference being that this augment would be tied to abilities rather than being an ability in itself.
    Damokles wrote: »

Well, Ranger/Rogue wouldn't have an active stealth, but they would have access to a passive stealth since Stealth is one of the four schools of augment of Rogue. The difference being that this augment would be tied to abilities rather than being an ability in itself.

Where did you read that Stealth is one of the main augment schools of rogues?
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • @Damokles I remember Steven suggesting fighter/rogue going into stealth during their charge ability as an example of an augment recently.

Don't remember on which Q&A I saw this sadly, but I remember Steven gave an exemple with the Fighter Primary. He gave an exemple with the Fighter's Rush ability. He said (And I'm paraphrasing here) that augmenting Rush with the Mage's Teleport school would make it so that it instantly teleports the Fighter to the enemy, and that augmenting Rush with the Rogue's Stealth school would make it so that the Fighter is stealthed while rushing to the enemy (a temporary stealth, if you will).
    edited September 2020

Don't remember on which Q&A I saw this sadly, but I remember Steven gave an exemple with the Fighter Primary. He gave an exemple with the Fighter's Rush ability. He said (And I'm paraphrasing here) that augmenting Rush with the Mage's Teleport school would make it so that it instantly teleports the Fighter to the enemy, and that augmenting Rush with the Rogue's Stealth school would make it so that the Fighter is stealthed while rushing to the enemy (a temporary stealth, if you will).

This is the quote from Discord:

"Our player class advancement follows both a vertical progression in the traditional leveling sense, as well as a horizontal skill customization platform. When players start the game, they will be able to choose from 8 separate Archetypes. These archetypes represent the staple fantasy classes; Fighter, Tank, Rogue, Ranger, Mage, Summoner, Cleric, Bard. As the player progresses vertically with their primary class, they will have the opportunity to add a second class. This second class will be chosen again from the 8 archetypes, and will follow more of a horizontal progression. The second class will allow the player to augment their primary skills from their main class, with effects from their secondary class. For example; A fighter has a skill called “Rush”, that allows him to rush towards a target and upon reaching the target, deals x damage with a chance to knock the target down. If that fighter were to choose Mage as his secondary archetype (Spellsword), he would gain access to certain augments that he could apply to his primary skill tree. Let’s use his Rush skill as an example; As a Spellsword, he could choose to apply a teleportation augment to the Rush skill, which would allow the skill to now teleport you to the target, eliminating the charge time on the skill. Each skill in the primary tree will have several augment options from your secondary tree. The secondary skill augment tree will follow a horizontal progression that will be expanded upon further in a developer’s blog."

This is the full quote, nothing about rogue :/
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • GrandHarfangGrandHarfang Member
    edited September 2020

This is the quote from Discord:

"Our player class advancement follows both a vertical progression in the traditional leveling sense, as well as a horizontal skill customization platform. When players start the game, they will be able to choose from 8 separate Archetypes. These archetypes represent the staple fantasy classes; Fighter, Tank, Rogue, Ranger, Mage, Summoner, Cleric, Bard. As the player progresses vertically with their primary class, they will have the opportunity to add a second class. This second class will be chosen again from the 8 archetypes, and will follow more of a horizontal progression. The second class will allow the player to augment their primary skills from their main class, with effects from their secondary class. For example; A fighter has a skill called “Rush”, that allows him to rush towards a target and upon reaching the target, deals x damage with a chance to knock the target down. If that fighter were to choose Mage as his secondary archetype (Spellsword), he would gain access to certain augments that he could apply to his primary skill tree. Let’s use his Rush skill as an example; As a Spellsword, he could choose to apply a teleportation augment to the Rush skill, which would allow the skill to now teleport you to the target, eliminating the charge time on the skill. Each skill in the primary tree will have several augment options from your secondary tree. The secondary skill augment tree will follow a horizontal progression that will be expanded upon further in a developer’s blog."

This is the full quote, nothing about rogue :/

Steven used the Rush exemple more than once. In a Q&A, he talked about the Rogue's Stealth augment applied to the Fighter's Rush ability. I can assure you I didn't imagine that haha.

Edit : if I ever find the video in question, I'll make sure to link it in this thread.

Bad example.

For all we know ranger/rogue attacks could apply stealth via augment.

What a ranger won't have is a skill called stealth or whatever the rogue skill that applies stealth will be called.

Bad example.

What a ranger won't have is a skill called stealth or whatever the rogue skill that applies stealth will be called.

We dont know if Stealth will be the augmentation school for rogues though.
    a6XEiIf.gif

Bad example.

I probably will, as stealth is one of a rogues biggest perks

Bad example.

I probably will, as stealth is one of a rogues biggest perks

The thing is, that Rogues would have to be better in Stealth then secondary class rogues. The only way they could implement that really, would be if the secondary classes could only go invis if they stand still.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Wow thanks guys,
    lunarsky wrote: »
    It's too early for specifics.
    yeha, this is what i think will be the answer but i have hope (?) ahahahaha
    KHRONUS wrote: »
    This game is really giving me the "everything else sucks" kind of vibe..
    *i know that feel bro* From the moment i heart about this game i cant play nothing.

if they make this so i can have another skills to put me in stealth just make my decision more dificult x.X ahahahahahah

Thanks for tha asnwer to all