Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

A Crafting Idea

I dont read a lot on this game because I want to be surprised when I play, but I gotta share my ideas and opinions on certain things. Anyways, the idea its a simple one. Perhaps others could add to it.

There is group PvE and PvP content I assume. Why not have some group crafting content? ~5 people have to hit a skill check or whatever you wanna stick here to make it interactive. I liked the way EQ2 did their crafting, it was interactive. It reminds me of a blacksmith and his apprentice, the apprentice holds and rotates the sword while the master hits the sword.

Comments

• Options
    You can think of the interdependencies between gathering, processing and crafting as a sort of group play. I'm not sure if this will be a fun addition even if it sounds cool conceptually. Like what is the experience for each participant and is it varied+fun? Or do you just need bodies to craft? It needs to be fleshed out a lot more.
  • Options
    @neuroguy Interdependencies have existed since forever and thinking of them as group play doesnt make a lot of sense. As I said, perhaps others could add to it. I think it's a good idea to get away from the normal crafting of just having interdependencies and then sitting there waiting for a bar to fill and skill points to go up(if thats how theyre doing crafting).
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    PvE or PvP groups dont have to hit buttons simulatenously tbh.
    What @neuroguy said was pretty true. You will only be able to master one artisan path, which means that you will need to either play two other characters with mastery in the other paths, or you make friends with other people who plays the other two paths.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    @Damokles PvE and PvP groups do have to hit buttons at the same time. The tank is tanking, the healer is healing, and the dps are dpsing. Perhaps, in order to crafting a magical staff, a woodworker and enchanter have to come together and do some group related activity in order to bring the staff into existence instead of just: I trade items and then one person makes it. Maybe you only do it for very specific epic/legendary items. This legendary mace was crafted by the highest level crafters on our server! Or you do it for very good rare items and up. Idk.

Its a type of system thats never been done before(maybe SWG I never played that sadly), but I think it has a lot of potential given that its new. Perhaps it will spawn an idea that is a branch off of it or someone will put a new spin on it.