Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Throwback Thursday! #3 Game Life

NyxxaNyxxa Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited September 2020 in General Discussion
When you play a game, do you just play it for entertainment or do you try to imagine yourself with in it?

With Ashes there will be so many options on what you can do and what you can be. What will you be in Ashes? A farmer? A shipbuilder? A caravan hijacker? An outlaw? A holy knight of the realm?

With Ashes promising so many options, do you believe Ashes will become or main game? Or even your only game, so long as it lives? (Lives, having different meanings to each person, could cause a variety of answers to this question.)

Link to Reddit Post: https://www.reddit.com/r/AshesofCreation/comments/ilx56i/throwback_thursday_3_game_life/
StagAxiomSigCleaned.png

Comments

• Options
    winner909098winner909098 Member
    edited September 2020
    I play games for fun but also to escape reality. I will have my main a character worshiping the gods of nature, and is especially attuned with one animal. (depends on what the best animal for falconer is.
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Escaping the real world is a huge part of why people would play an MMORPG. Addiction is another one that sets in soon after haha. If AoC can commit to what they are saying it will be, it will be my primary game and I will be putting a lot of time and effort into it. My character will be a local/server leader known for organizing events and clearing content while creating additional in game content whenever possible (give aways, fun event days traveling/pvping, protecting local castles and countering world PVE).
  • Options
    nidriksnidriks Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    Games are an escape for me, as well as being an enjoyment. Some people sit in front of a TV for 8 hours. I can sit in front of my computer for 8 hours (well as long as my old back lets me).

I do try to immerse myself, and my daydreams at work about my life in games are testament to that. Whilst dragging myself through a shift at work I can imagine the things I'll get up to in Ashes, or my team in Football Manager. I do my own Ashes theorycrafting whilst working.

Ashes is very likely to be my main game, but it could easily be my only game. With the drought of decent MMOs I have ended up being someone who flits from game to game, though I often have a game I play more. If I am really in to a game it can be the only one I play. Currently it is Football Manager.

When I last played an MMO regularly it was my only game. I didn't play anything else. If Ashes is as good as I believe it can be then there is nothing to say that won't happen again.
  • Options
    NyxxaNyxxa Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    When I play a game, I try to really live it. Feel like I am my characters and my actions matter.

When Ashes launches I hope to become an avid farmer, supplying nearby taverns with my farmed goods. When I am not busy farming, I plan to travel and explore all reaches of Verra, perhaps bringing back rare gathering goods such as deep ocean fish.

If Ashes is everything it promises to be, it may become the only game I play as long as it keeps to its core values. I made WoW my main and only game for some time in the past, but now I can't stand to even look at it, let alone actually play it anymore.
    StagAxiomSigCleaned.png