Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Cleric Augments

I don't know if Intrepid will do this, but will cleric have higher than average augments from religion?

Comments

• Options
    I doubt it but they'll probably just find it easier to rank up in it.
  • Options
    I don't know if Intrepid will do this, but will cleric have higher than average augments from religion?

I hope not.
  • Options
    I like this idea, but it becomes a difficult balancing issue.
  • Options
    Hello, I'm new so are there Dieties in this world?
    Mename
  • Options
    Mename wrote: »
    Hello, I'm new so are there Dieties in this world?

Yes :)

Look here
  • Options
    nidriksnidriks Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    I want to say I vaguely recall Steven saying that the class system and the religion system won't impact each other in that way.

I think you can gain benefits from religion, but not in any way that is greater than another class.

I don't have a quote...just something going around me ol' brainbox.

What i think might be fun is to let clerics have a different ability depending on whom they devote themselves to in the religion mechanics. For example, clerics that follow the goddess of creation might have a nature themed heal, where as clerics that follow a god of death (if one exists) would get a heal flavoured with some sort of necromantic feels.

It would have to be balanced obviously. You couldn't give one cleric a heal that another doesn't get. I just think clerics should be conencted with a God in some way.
  • Options
    Doubt it.

Supposedly religious augments will stack with class augments.

I think the religious system factors into religious node government as well. Religious nodes may also be a more efficient means to level than a shrine on your free hold.

There isn't actually a ton of info on the topic yet.
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    An easy solution:
    Make a couple of healing quests, that require you to heal NPCs. Players could use things like bandages, or Clerics could just use their spells. Clerics would have an easier time to complete it then other classes, without it being totally unfair.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Damokles wrote: »
    An easy solution:
    Make a couple of healing quests, that require you to heal NPCs. Players could use things like bandages, or Clerics could just use their spells. Clerics would have an easier time to complete it then other classes, without it being totally unfair.

No.
    There's already enough Warcraft in the world.
    Religious content shouldn't be just about healing.
  • Options
    An easy solution:

No.

I didnt say that... But considering, that there are multiple gods in the pantheon in Ashes, then there would also be a god of healing...
    I never said that healing quests would be the only quests to level up your religious node advancement methods.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    An easy solution:

No.

I didnt say that... But considering, that there are multiple gods in the pantheon in Ashes, then there would also be a god of healing...
    I never said that healing quests would be the only quests to level up your religious node advancement methods.

We have already heard about some of the Gods (that will most likely be a corner stone in the religious system.
    • Goddess of Love
    • Goddess of Creation
    • Goddess of Fate (Norlan)
    • God of Hope (Resna)
    • God of Truth (Shol)
    • Goddess of Corruption
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Warth wrote: »
    An easy solution:

No.

We have already heard about some of the Gods (that will most likely be a corner stone in the religious system.
    • Goddess of Love
    • Goddess of Creation
    • God of Hope (Resna)
    • God of Truth (Shol)
    • Goddess of Corruption

Yes, and a Goddess of Love sounds like a Goddess of Healing.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    VyrakaVyraka Member, Alpha One
    Warth wrote: »
    An easy solution:

No.

• Goddess of Love
    • Goddess of Creation
    • God of Hope (Resna)
    • God of Truth (Shol)
    • Goddess of Corruption

Yes, and a Goddess of Love sounds like a Goddess of Healing.

Cue Marvin Gaye "Sexual Healing"
    Axiom-Guild-Signature-Vyraka.png
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I expect any character can be religious. How pious you are shouldn’t have anything to do with your class, it has to do with your actions in the name of your religion.

Similarly, you can argue that mages might get more out of Science nodes, fighters from Martial, and rogues from Economic, but that doesn’t feel right either.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'm hoping religion doesn't give a bonus that forces us into specific religions. I do however want healers to be as strong as possible so I don't get destroyed while tanking haha.
  • Options
    KHRONUS wrote: »
    I'm hoping religion doesn't give a bonus that forces us into specific religions. I do however want healers to be as strong as possible so I don't get destroyed while tanking haha.

There will be religious augmentations.
    a6XEiIf.gif