Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Questing Variety

Yo Jeff,

With players creating the world, it’s seems as though most quests will be procedurally generated and may lack depth or variety. We’ve kinda seen this with New World’s questing for example. This would suck for murder hobos and scholars, who will mostly be leveling their adventure class through quests. I would love to see region and character specific quests to promote player engagement and world building. This could take the form of dungeon quests, class quests, or quests centered around buildings created in your node, that really affirm a player’s choices.

Pretty please Jeff
XOXO

Comments

• Options
    SamsonSamson Member
    edited September 2020
    giphy-downsized-large.gif

sig-Samson-Final.gif
  • Options
    They could implement the ability for node owners to create/activate quests for resources, or, quests that relate to removing problem mobs.
  • Options
    Well a bunch of mayoral decisions will lead to quests. If a building is to be constructed, the citizens will be asked to contribute resources. Plus taverns provide an opportunity for players to put up "task" quests I believe.
  • Options
    FuryBladeborneFuryBladeborne Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Urgrosh wrote: »
    Yo Jeff,

With players creating the world, it’s seems as though most quests will be procedurally generated and may lack depth or variety. We’ve kinda seen this with New World’s questing for example. This would suck for murder hobos and scholars, who will mostly be leveling their adventure class through quests. I would love to see region and character specific quests to promote player engagement and world building. This could take the form of dungeon quests, class quests, or quests centered around buildings created in your node, that really affirm a player’s choices.

Pretty please Jeff
    XOXO

It looks like you think that quests will be created on the spot as new areas are opened in Ashes which has led you to believe that quests will be procedurally generated. Quests, dungeons, new areas, etc. will already exist in the world upon release. Those areas will be unlocked according to node development. While its not impossible that the quests are being procedurally generated, I think that is unlikely considering that the questing system looks quite in depth and there is a focus on ensuring that quests are not a grind.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Quests