Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

24 Hour AoC Themed Charity Stream This Saturday, 5th Sept 2020!

TSGTSG Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
TL;DR - 24 Hour charity fundraiser for NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) on Saturday Sept 5. This non-profit org provides support, relief, and awareness for issues surrounding mental illness, and attempts to demystify the stigma surrounding reaching out for help. You can read more here: https://www.nami.org/Home

How's it going everyone. I wanted to reach out to let you know about the marathon I am currently running with my community, and how we are using an aspect of that marathon to make a difference in the world.

A few weeks ago, my community and I decided to go back to the very beginning of all the content that the developers and content creators put out, dating back to 2016, in order to fully develop our understanding of Ashes of Creation. During that time, we have seen both large and small scale changes with entire game mechanics being scrapped or added in based on player feedback. We've seen some members of the dev team find new homes, and we've been blessed with bright new faces (go Maggie!). Overall, the journey has been an incredible and we have learned so much.

With that backstory in mind, we finally came to the point in our marathon where we reached the 24 hour half-life livestream that the developers did back in 2019. Since it is part of our community marathon, we thought it would be an incredible opportunity for our small community to make a difference. Therefore, I decided to make this Saturday (Sept 5th) a 24 hour livestream, with all direct donations being redirected straight to our ongoing fundraiser effort. This fundraiser was started in August 2020 and will last until Dec 31 2020 and any donations that would have gone to my stream channel instead will be redirected to the fundraiser page. Throughout the 24 hr stream we will have various challenges for meeting our donation goals, as well as community discussion and perhaps some community games, so stop on by! If you would simply like to donate, you can find the fundraiser here: https://donate.nami.org/fundraiser/2870208

Why NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness)? NAMI is a long standing org that has been providing support for over 40 years to both to those suffering from mental illness and their care givers. Additionally, in my 9 years of military service, I've had 3 friends/co-workers that have decided to end their lives which has had life-long impact. I do my best to support services that provide more awareness, and if this fundraiser has a positive effect on at least one member in my community, then the time/effort/resources that we dedicate to it is 100% worthwhile.

I appreciate everyone that has chosen to read this far. The info for the livestream:

Who/where: https://www.twich.tv/tavernsidegaming

What: 24 hour Livestream where we review the 24 hour charity DnD livestream the developers put on in 2019 (part of our content rewind marathon)

When: Saturday Sept 5th - 6:00AM PST - 6:00AM PST / 1:00PM GMT - 1:00PM GMT

Comments