Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Post siege success: when the dust settles

I recall there not being too much fleshed out/revealed about the details of what happens after a big node is destroyed but I was just thinking about the post-siege frenzy where previously capped nodes (in terms of progress) may be pushed to level up by interested parties. This may occur because people want to open content experienced on other servers, people who want their housing to level up with the adjacent node, those who wish to push a particular type of node to level up (e.g. economic/military/scientific...) etc.

Since nodes level up by killing mobs, crafting, gathering etc I picture some cheesy stuff happening to tip the scales where you want them. I don't mind people bringing in tons of iron bars to make a million daggers but I worry that some more disruptive stuff may happen. Like if suddenly all the mobs I was trying to farm were being slaughtered by highly over-leveled players/massive zergs it would get annoying. I mean the easy fix is to tell players to move somewhere else if they feel their gameplay is disrupted but I think Intrepid could do some more creative stuff instead.

One valid option is to scale node xp gain so that doing content you are over-leveled for does not contribute as much to leveling up the node for some period of time.

I think a cooler one is to introduce mini PvP objectives like capture and hold points or capture the flag, the victor of which would gain a relic in their nearby node that temporarily boosts node xp gain (until it levels up). So when the huge group of players participates in this massive node siege that takes place infrequently (individual nodes have like 20-50 day cooldowns and we don't know how many will occur on a weekly basis), they will have some lingering PvP content to participate in for the next couple of days/until a new dominant node is established amongst the previously capped nodes. This way organized groups with an agenda could claim these relics or mercenaries may sell them to the highest bidding node etc.

Thoughts? Is this too much? Haha

Comments

• Options
    ChunksChunks Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I was wondering about that too. Players will certainly figure out how to coordinate and manipulate this system to level the node they want. Be interesting to see what is done to try and muddy the waters of that a bit.
  • Options
    neuroguy wrote: »

I think a cooler one is to introduce mini PvP objectives like capture and hold points or capture the flag, the victor of which would gain a relic in their nearby node that temporarily boosts node xp gain (until it levels up). So when the huge group of players participates in this massive node siege that takes place infrequently (individual nodes have like 20-50 day cooldowns and we don't know how many will occur on a weekly basis), they will have some lingering PvP content to participate in for the next couple of days/until a new dominant node is established amongst the previously capped nodes.

Definitely an interesting idea.