Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

[Suggestion] Addition to the Corruption system.

XenotorXenotor Member
edited September 2020 in General Discussion
I would suggest adding something to the corruption system.
Where if you kill a green player ( Non combat) who already suffers from exp debt, you gain more corruption depending on how deep the exp dept is.

This is to counter kicking people who are already down.

So you kill a green player with lets say the exp dept of dying 5 times. Then you get 5 times the corruption you would normally get.
They cant fight back thanks to stat loose so the evil you do is increased as well.
It is the same principle as attacking lower level players.

Now if the green player with the exp dept of 5 times dying works off the dept to the point of 4 times dying then killing them only gives 4 times the corruption.
After all their stats were increased again and you have to counter the play were people would purposely get a massive exp dept yet stay just barley in it to troll the next guy who kill them with a massive corruption.

Any thoughts on this?
53ap2sc6pdgv.gif

Comments

• Options
    Yokai TheaterYokai Theater Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    1: how would you know if someone has exp. debt, I mean you could have an debuff icon under their name plate
    2: you already gain more or less corruption based on difference in level
    3: I can't remember 100% but I think exp. debt is only if you die to PvE (or at least that's what it felt like in the PI test)
    either way it will all get ironed out in testing, I could take it or leave it
  • Options
    I don't making correlating it to exp debt is a good way to go and would be heavily abused. Gathering Alts running around with EXP Debt to become unkillable. People mule transporting goods with exp debt. People stacking up a couple kills worth of EXP debt to farm rare loot etc.

I do however think that a measure against repeat kills is highly necessary. Due to the lack of fast travel, somebody could theoretically hold you indefintely in the protected respawn point. Killing somebody repeaditely as the agressor should incur higher corruption penalty.

If the killed person returns and attacks the killer, then this shouldn't apply though.
  • Options
    1: how would you know if someone has exp. debt, I mean you could have an debuff icon under their name plate
    2: you already gain more or less corruption based on difference in level
    3: I can't remember 100% but I think exp. debt is only if you die to PvE (or at least that's what it felt like in the PI test)
    either way it will all get ironed out in testing, I could take it or leave it

I thought death Pen applied in PVP as well? After all In combat Players (Purple) get 50% reduction to death Pen.
    Warth wrote: »
    I don't making correlating it to exp debt is a good way to go and would be heavily abused. Gathering Alts running around with EXP Debt to become unkillable. People mule transporting goods with exp debt. People stacking up a couple kills worth of EXP debt to farm rare loot etc.

I do however think that a measure against repeat kills is highly necessary. Due to the lack of fast travel, somebody could theoretically hold you indefintely in the protected respawn point. Killing somebody repeaditely as the agressor should incur higher corruption penalty.

If the killed person returns and attacks the killer, then this shouldn't apply though.
    Didn't think of Gathering alts.

+1 on the repeat part.
    Yah that does sound better. The system should log who you killed before and give you a corruption multiplier.
    Also not just the killer (Last hit) But everyone who helped the killer. The healer and the supports as well.

53ap2sc6pdgv.gif
  • Options
    Yokai TheaterYokai Theater Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @Xenotor there are death penalties in PvP I'm just not 100% sure if exp. debt is part of the PvP side or just PvE
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'm torn by the exp penalty. I agree and love it. Don't get me wrong. This game needs to be tough for me to enjoy it but that is my precise issue. I'm hoping that the difficulty in PvE is not scaled down so that dying will be hard. I don't want to face roll and complete dungeons/raids. They have a tough job ahead to balance this.
  • Options
    Exp death occurs on all deaths, halved when you die as a Combatant.

As to the suggestion, no. There’s no way to know if a player has exp debt when you see them gathering a resource you want. Level can be partially gauged via gear, and once it’s clear that just gear appearance isn’t gonna cut it in alpha, hopefully we’ll get actual level indicators.

But exp debt isn’t ever gonna be advertised, so a player wouldn’t ever be able to make an informed decision based on it.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    I agree with a few other posters here that players would need to know this information before attacking others - but I don't see that as being hard to achieve.

As the game stands now, the only way to know what type of armor and weapon a potential PvP target will have equipped is to look at the buffs they have (similar to buffs from armor in Archeage). Simply making it so that experience debt shows up as an effect like this when targeting another player should solve that issue.

Assuming that, I actually kind of like the general idea of the suggestion, though the degree of additional penalty is far too high.

If you combine that with the increased corruption from killing a lower level player, it would be very easy to have a character that would generate far more corruption than would ever be worth the kill for - and so such a character would essentially be immune to corruption based PvP.
  • Options
    Caeryl wrote: »
    There’s no way to know if a player has exp debt when you see them gathering a resource you want.

I can’t remember, and I’m not in front of my pc. Does Rez Sickness in wow display as a debuff? If so, that could at least be a relevant analog.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png