Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

In-Game Sense of Family or Close Community

Is it possible to develop this kind of bond in a small, well-rounded town or village? If you have watched KonoSuba, Fairy Tail, Danmachi, Log Horizon, or other similar anime with a friendly, even familial, community in the fictional world, then you know what I'm talking about.

Comments

• Wait don’t go!
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited September 2020
    Some of the smaller guilds are like that. Log Horizon the guild had 3 people then 4 in the beginning.
    My experience in smaller guilds is like that. Even out side the game we talk via Discord on our phones.

Long story short maybe.

Did you watch Bofuri on Hulu?

And Welcome to the fun!!
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Yeah, I think yes. As long as you try be social and are a regular in a village/ node.
  • VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    This is closely related to the kind of people being in said community, not the game design, a guild could fulfill this role just fine after all.
  • Some of the smaller guilds are like that. Log Horizon the guild had 3 people then 4 in the beginning.
    My experience in smaller guilds is like that. Even out side the game we talk via Discord on our phones.

Long story short maybe.

Did you watch Bofuri on Hulu?

And Welcome to the fun!!
    Oh it was on Hulu! Thank you for your response and recommendation.
  • Thinkpad wrote: »
    Yeah, I think yes. As long as you try be social and are a regular in a village/ node.
    I hope I get to be a regular.
  • DragsmoDragsmo Member
    edited September 2020
    miaomiao wrote: »
    This is closely related to the kind of people being in said community, not the game design, a guild could fulfill this role just fine after all.
    The problem is that not everyone in a guild is going to have that mindset, especially as the game progresses. Also, I am hoping for something like dating options and life-like NPCs to make the game feel like another world, not just a sandbox MMORPG. I know they are doing their best in the current early stages, so I don’t expect much right now.
  • Hi there - as some folks above have suggested, getting involved in a guild that shares your priorities or staying active in your local node could be good ways to help build that sense of community you were looking for! In addition, you can check out where we've discussed the family system and marriage before over on the helpful community-run wiki.

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread out now, but please don't hesitate to reach back out if there's anything else we can help with in the meantime!
    community_management.gif
This discussion has been closed.