Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Feedback on preorder process

PatientMattPatientMatt Member
edited September 2020 in General Discussion
Preordered at the voyager plus tier ($375) as I love the open development process, game ideas planned, and want to jump in asap to help test.

That said, the preorder purchase process was odd...it was handled by a 3rd party and there is nothing confirming the preorder specifics unless you fish around your account. Not a great customer experience considering the amount of money spent. At the very least an email thanking for purchase?

For the record I believe in this project and want nothing more than for it to succeed =)

Comments

• Options
    FuryBladeborneFuryBladeborne Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited September 2020
    I'm sure their focusing on more important things than cosmetics to be delivered years away. However, I agree that an automated email would be great.
  • Options
    SorfSorf Member
    edited September 2020
    Hey I actually got an automated purchase confirmation email from Xsolla, confirms the pack I bought and amount/date etc.

EDIT: I would check your spam emails @FuryBladeborne and @PatientMatt
    w9aa773ktwxd.gif
  • Options
    Weird, I've received a purchase confirmation email of that exact amount but I haven't bought anything 🤔
  • Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Preordered at the voyager plus tier ($375) as I love the open development process, game ideas planned, and want to jump in asap to help test.

That said, the preorder purchase process was odd...it was handled by a 3rd party and there is nothing confirming the preorder specifics unless you fish around your account. Not a great customer experience considering the amount of money spent. At the very least an email thanking for purchase?

For the record I believe in this project and want nothing more than for it to succeed =)

They are currently in the process of moving away from Xsolla as their 3rd party vendor; the problem is they need to get the web developer on staff and that seems to be a position they haven't been able to easily fill.

Once they remove the Xsolla store code from their website, they want to ensure they are ready to self-sustain.

I do agree it is strange that you don't get a thank-you, but that's the problem with being focused on the game and using a 3rd party.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101