Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Alliance With NPC/Mobs clans.

stolyaRstolyaR Member
edited September 2020 in General Discussion
Hi guys what do you think about something like:

Be able to make a deal or alliance with mob clans.
For example we have an area called "Red head Orcs outpost" near them we have "Black fang Orcs outpost"
and they are in endless conflict.
We as player can reach the NCP which is a Leaders of the clan (one of them)
and make a deal with them.
Once you joining one of the sides they stop attacking you
and you starting to gain some honor or loyalty tokens by killing their enemies.

Cool things about that:
* You can change those tokens in their shop for resource/gear/gear parts etc etc.
once in few days their shop will randomly change the things you can buy.

* Maybe once in a week kill a Raid boss of opposite side.

* Maybe for crafters or other professions they will provide a quest to bring some craft materials
or complete items and by that gain loyalty/
with every loyalty level the shop will add more craft resources or gear parts

* Also it's good for pvp.
for example you see players from the clan you in war with
and they are farming the spot of mobs which you are in alliance with them.

You will be able to gank them even if you are alone and make their life harder
because mobs don't attack you .

I think something like that was in Lineage 2 with Ketra orcs and Varka Silenos but I'm not sure.

Will be great if you guys will share other mechanics that you think will fit with this idea.

Comments

• Options
    No one? :|
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    They had a lot of this in WOW. I wasn't in love with it because they treated it like another quest grind.

It can be done in a much better way to include some form of lore into this process. It might work better to not have these two clans so close together or even two of the same race fighting. Maybe some cave troll race is in conflict with a forest living race in another node or across that node. This would give me incentive to side with the cave people just to fight in the forest haha
  • Options
    KHRONUS wrote: »
    They had a lot of this in WOW. I wasn't in love with it because they treated it like another quest grind.

It can be done in a much better way to include some form of lore into this process. It might work better to not have these two clans so close together or even two of the same race fighting. Maybe some cave troll race is in conflict with a forest living race in another node or across that node. This would give me incentive to side with the cave people just to fight in the forest haha

I like this very much. Also I gave a similar idea to what the original post is about.
    Birthday wrote: »
    Balrog21 wrote: »
    I dont want to see a raid boss, instance boss or world boss just sitting there doing nothing. Have it pathing or doing something immersive.
    Nothing kills ot for me more than to get to the boss and it's just sitting there like a mannequin. I feel like I have to get my quarter out and put it in its slot to start the fun.

Yes! Two ideas that will make the world's environment feel more organic and dynamic rather than grindy and it'll also give players new incentives to move around the map more organically and work with/against each other on a basis temporary :

-This will make the world feel more alive and dynamic rather than grindy which is a must for a MMO that is based around player decisions - make the boss attack small nodes. This will not only make the players move around the world more organically but also make the world itself feel more alive. That way higher level players will have incentive to go there rather than to just keep grinding in the node they are currently grinding as part of a personal/guild goal to unlock some dungeon or get a drop etc.

-Make the boss want/need certain things that it can get from players/nodes. So if a node is really advanced on a certain religion and that boss really hates the religion - make it go after the node. If the node has a ton of X material and the boss wants it - make it raid the node and steal the material. This will give incentives for guilds that are normally enemies to work together on a temporary basis, other times it'll give guilds an incentive to work together with the boss to raid the node or to sabotage the defenses, or just use the boss's sudden appearance on the map as a distraction to more safely raid caravans of other guilds etc.

What do you think?
  • Options
    KHRONUS wrote: »

I like this very much. Also I gave a similar idea to what the original post is about.
    Balrog21 wrote: »
    I dont want to see a raid boss, instance boss or world boss just sitting there doing nothing. Have it pathing or doing something immersive.
    Nothing kills ot for me more than to get to the boss and it's just sitting there like a mannequin. I feel like I have to get my quarter out and put it in its slot to start the fun.

Yes! Two ideas that will make the world's environment feel more organic and dynamic rather than grindy and it'll also give players new incentives to move around the map more organically and work with/against each other on a basis temporary :

-This will make the world feel more alive and dynamic rather than grindy which is a must for a MMO that is based around player decisions - make the boss attack small nodes. This will not only make the players move around the world more organically but also make the world itself feel more alive. That way higher level players will have incentive to go there rather than to just keep grinding in the node they are currently grinding as part of a personal/guild goal to unlock some dungeon or get a drop etc.

-Make the boss want/need certain things that it can get from players/nodes. So if a node is really advanced on a certain religion and that boss really hates the religion - make it go after the node. If the node has a ton of X material and the boss wants it - make it raid the node and steal the material. This will give incentives for guilds that are normally enemies to work together on a temporary basis, other times it'll give guilds an incentive to work together with the boss to raid the node or to sabotage the defenses, or just use the boss's sudden appearance on the map as a distraction to more safely raid caravans of other guilds etc.

What do you think?

Also we be cool if the boss wins the battle for the nodes the node will not only lose a resources but also will lose an exp of node progression.
    In that way people of the node will be interested to defend it in all cost!
    Because when the node loosing exp it lose his level in that case people which are living in the node will lose the benefits of NPCs/shops etc.
  • Options
    Khronus wrote: »

Unfortunately we still have no idea of what lore will look like (if there's any).
  • Options
    lets try to think in something fresh but getting the idea of helping a gang or someone against someone like the mechanics in cyberpunk but im not sure if we will be getting systems like this any time near since its still in alpha