Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

GPU Question

While I had wanted to wait until Ashes is closer to launch, I need to purchase a new laptop now. Inventories are limited, but I think I found a pretty good configuration that I am thinking of purchasing.

Gaming is not my primary use of the machine, and I am a casual gamer. In fact, I am currently not playing any games, just waiting for Ashes.

I want good graphics performance. Not top of the line, not even amazing, but good.

Am I okay with the Nvidia GTX 1660 Ti Max Q? Or is that just too weak to be viable for good performance in Ashes?

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    sarkadosarkado Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited September 2020
    It's hard to say for sure because they haven't released Min/Max recommended settings yet. Intrepid has stated many times they want to be friendly to older systems and will most likely have a lot of Graphic modifiers to run on lower / mid tier systems and in your case a laptop.
  • Options
    CaptnChuckCaptnChuck Member
    edited September 2020
    Intrepid has already stated that they want the game to be playable on hardware thats about 5 years or so old. So you'll be fine. But don't expect to be able to play on high settings, especially since you have a max q variant. You'll prob be able to play the game on low to med settings.
  • Options
    CaptnChuck wrote: »
    Intrepid has already stated that they want the game to be playable on hardware thats about 5 years or so old. So you'll be fine. But don't expect to be able to play on high settings, especially since you have a max q variant. You'll prob be able to play the game on low to med settings.

5 year old on the day of release. Not 5 year old now. So 2017-2018