Thoughts on the resetting of servers (worlds)

Hey guys what are your thoughts on resetting of worlds?
Good or bad why?

A friend of mine sees it as only bad.
If servers didn't reset then players would be a lot more stingy about resources, he thinks.

I don't mind it but I've played tons of diablo and CS which are games exactly based around resetting. To me it feels like it adds value because it gives you a chance to do things theoretically better/different next time.

Comments

• BricktopBricktop Member
    edited September 2020
    Nope, not unless they merge 2 servers or something. Maybe then I could see it. Probably still no then though.

Edit: Or if a massive exploit that allows duping has been happening. Maybe a rollback/wipe then.
  • Bricktop wrote: »
    Nope, not unless they merge 2 servers or something. Maybe then I could see it. Probably still no then though.

Edit: Or if a massive exploit that allows duping has been happening. Maybe a rollback/wipe then.

Didn't they confirm it in one of their videos?

A world will last 1 month
  • BricktopBricktop Member
    edited September 2020
    Birthday wrote: »
    Bricktop wrote: »

Doesn't seem accurate at all considering it takes a month to get max level unless you no life it.
  • BirthdayBirthday Member
    edited September 2020

Doesn't seem accurate at all considering it takes a month to get max level unless you no life it.

From what I remember your character will stay. Only the world resets.

EDIT: I'll check for the video now.
  • Birthday wrote: »

But how would you "theoretically do things better next time" like you said if it doesn't wipe your character
  • Bricktop wrote: »

But how would you "theoretically do things better next time" like you said if it doesn't wipe your character

The CEO said that different node progressions give you access to different dungeons AND different storyline endings. So in terms of storyline ending, you can do better. In terms of dungeon access, you can find things you never found in the earlier world.

The CEO said that different node progressions give you access to different dungeons AND different storyline endings. So in terms of storyline ending, you can do better. In terms of dungeon access, you can find things you never found in the earlier world.

Nodes can only change through the catalyst of a node siege, A node might stay the same for years.
  • I think me and my friend got the wrong info.

Worlds stay forever.
    I think me and my friend got the wrong info.

Worlds stay forever.

Worlds stay forever, but they are hopefully going to be changing often through the node sieges.
  • CaptnChuckCaptnChuck Member
    edited September 2020
    This is an interesting question. The first obvious answer is to say that its bad, but the more you think about it, the more confusing it gets as to which one is the right answer. Its definitely something we'll have to talk about down the line.
  • Of what i have understood, the node system is there to keep the world changing
  • I think worlds would naturally wipe, I'm hoping that NPC creatures would eventually swarm a node if it isn't looked after.
  • Merek wrote: »
    I think worlds would naturally wipe, I'm hoping that NPC creatures would eventually swarm a node if it isn't looked after.

Isn't that kind of what the monster coin system will do?
  • CaptnChuckCaptnChuck Member
    edited September 2020
    Merek wrote: »
    I think worlds would naturally wipe, I'm hoping that NPC creatures would eventually swarm a node if it isn't looked after.

Isn't that kind of what the monster coin system will do?

Not really. Monster coin events occur randomly. It can also occur when a node levels up.

@Merek Nodes can delevel if not looked after. That deals with your concern.
  • the world itself wont wipe, the map aka the nodes will, based on how the server is played, they have mentioned it before in developer videos. Nodes are based on the decisions of the player (you)

Dungeons and other instances are never the same server wise

I think this is brilliant
  • VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Can't imagine a mmo like this with a world reset, to be honest.
  • there will be a wipe after Beta 2 i think. After the official release I don't think a reset of the world would be necessary, since the world will change often enough through the decisions of the players. the world will be in a continuously change
  • If things get to stale they could always reduce the amount of resources needed to craft node a siege declaration.
    And / or reduce the time of the peace time after siege.
    Both would increase the number of sieges and with that the chances of high tier nodes getting busted.
    53ap2sc6pdgv.gif
    I think me and my friend got the wrong info.

Worlds stay forever.

Pretty sure you were thinking of crowfall haha.