Magic User Created/Summoned Mount

kyrakukyraku Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
edited September 2020 in General Discussion
Hey, i was thinking about class specific mounts. This one came to mind first, inspired by the Monkey King from Chinese folklore. Its a summoned mount for magic user type classes in game. The mount is basically a cloud of mist that the character stands on, it floats just above the ground and moves forward by reaching out tendrils of mist to grip the ground in front of the player and pulling it forward. The mount does not fly, nor does it float. If the character rides over some cliff the mount will dissipate into nothingness...

I put this here because i saw the twitter post asking about mounts last week and wanted to try my luck here with this one.. the artists that work on this game are amazing and i think this could look very cool ass an in game mount

Cheers

Comments

• bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I like the idea of class mounts.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • PepinoPepino Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Definitely agree to this!
  • Wandering MistWandering Mist Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Discussion moved to General. Love the idea by the way :)
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Yokai TheaterYokai Theater Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    there are racial mounts (an animal "unique" to each race) but the mounts and pets are heavily tied to the Animal Husbandry profession within the processing artisan class. I don't think neither do I want a class to created a mount

now there are some magical construct mounts (like Stuffertons) but as of right now they are just skins. I'm not saying I don't think the cloud of mist isn't a neat idea I just don't think it will/should be a actual mount maybe just a skin.

as for the racial mounts I imagine it will work just like in ArcheAge where you go to that races starter area, get the mount, and then you can use it or breed it into something better if you are going Animal Husbandry.
  • I actually don't want class mounts. I think that race mounts are more appropriate. But to be fair, I don't really have a strong opinion on it.

Your mount idea is a pretty cool idea though so I would like to see it in game as well.
  • Mount customization for summoner and summoner themed classes 🤔🤔🤔

Could work and be fun.