Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Religion [ God of War ] is missing

stolyaRstolyaR Member
edited September 2020 in General Discussion
From Ashes wiki page:
https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Religions

"The gods in Ashes of Creation represent different aspects of the Universe, and feelings as well.[13]

Goddess of Love.[13]
Goddess of Creation.[14][13][15]
The Phoenix is the celestial avatar of the Goddess of Creation.[16]
Goddess of Fate (Norlan).[15][17]
God of Hope (Resna).[18]
God of Truth (Shol).[19]"

I think it will be cool to add a "God of war / God of Blood" or something that will stand against those good gods (love/hope/truth/fairy tail and cute kitties bla bla bla)
The "God of war" religion will order the followers to kill (PK) other religion members and all this will be as a quests or missions that players will get in their temple.
As you progress with the religion you you will be able to clean your karma faster.
Also the chance of dropping items as a PK will be lower but it will reduce the HP or something like that to balance that.
At night time or full moon (red moon) they will be able to kill anyone without getting karma points.
But if murdering during the day time they will gate twice more karma points.

It will be cool if every player in Ashes of Creation world will actually know and will be afraid of night time.
Because every one will know that somewhere out there a group of fanatics looking to kill someone (like in The Purge movie)
To let people actually feel that fear the game should provide some quests that available only during the night time but the reward is higher.
In that case it will also create a "human made events"
People will create groups to fight the fanatics in order to complete the quests and get the reward
If you guys have other ideas it will be cool to see them here.

This mechanics can create a true PVP guilds (fanatics of pvp)
Those guild will create a "human made events" they will attack cities, farming spots other guilds while they trying to kill raid bosses.

If you guys have other ideas it will be cool to see them here.

Comments

• Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    There were orginally 10 - we only know of these ones, there are three that were "evil" and there was a huge fight between them - if there is a god of war, he would be one of those three called "The others"
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    It will be cool if every player in Ashes of Creation world will actually know and will be afraid of night time.
    Because every one will know that somewhere out there a group of fanatics looking to kill someone (like in The Purge movie)
    To let people actually feel that fear the game should provide some quests that available only during the night time but the reward is higher.
    In that case it will also create a "human made events"
    People will create groups to fight the fanatics in order to complete the quests and get the reward :)
  • Options
    We have incomplete informations.
    Lore is kept under wraps.
  • Options
    speaking of that ...

It might also be interesting if the game has some minor / not well known / not publicly announced gods, cults that can be discovered and joined by players, and act as religions with some ... more unique / wild augments.
  • Options
    Another idea is to add a penalty for member that left the religion.
    For example:
    For 24 hours the religion members will be able to kill the betrayer that left the religion without getting bad karma.
  • Options
    My prediction on the three outsider Gods:

Destruction/rage opposite creation and love

Chaos/deception opposite of truth

Envy/fear opposite hope

Fate would be neutral.

I'm surprised there are only 3 "bad" gods and there is still two "good" gods unmentioned.

Neptune? Chaotic neutral sea god?
    Vengeance/Justice?
  • Options
    Assuming hope is one of the good ones... 🤭
  • Options
    BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited September 2020
    The idea of religion in Ashes is not that each activity or item has a god (akin to Greek and Roman gods), but rather that the gods are related to more abstract concepts (akin to Greek and Roman gods).

If you look at each of the gods we have information about, they can be called upon in many situations.

Arguably, in war, you could call on many of them for different situations - love to help heal allies, creation to assist in summonings, fate and hope should be somewhat obvious as to their purpose in war. This leaves truth as the only one of those we know now to not really be applicable to actual war.

To me, this is a much better situation for a game to have. It means you should be able to stick with a single god regardless of the activity you are doing. Rather than having to swap over to the god of war for combat and the god of creation for crafting (as examples), you could simply stick with the god of hope for both - or fate for both, or love for both.

It seems to me that this will enable religion to be more of a choice as opposed to just a setting that players have to run out to toggle based on what activity they are wanting to do next.
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I have seen that Steven was/is a Warhammer table top player. Basically every god is a war god in the Warhammer universe. You have to be a war god or get slain. Steve may have drawn inspiration from that type of setting. The same could be said for most D&D settings. A recurring theme in polytheistic religions is that the gods are not all powerful to each other, just to mortals. The gods birth, eat, and destroy each other all the time.

Right now on the Wiki I am seeing that we know five of the universes ten gods. We are missing info on two of the gods of the Seven. I have not seen anything on the three "Corruption" Gods. I would assume that they are foils for the current gods. Like a god of destruction to counter the god of creation. The two missing gods may have even been destroyed or eaten by the three corruption gods?

With all of that said. I would not expect that any of the gods are gods of war.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    Vhaeyne wrote: »
    I have seen that Steven was/is a Warhammer table top player. Basically every god is a war god in the Warhammer universe. You have to be a war god or get slain. Steve may have drawn inspiration from that type of setting. The same could be said for most D&D settings. A recurring theme in polytheistic religions is that the gods are not all powerful to each other, just to mortals. The gods birth, eat, and destroy each other all the time.

Right now on the Wiki I am seeing that we know five of the universes ten gods. We are missing info on two of the gods of the Seven. I have not seen anything on the three "Corruption" Gods. I would assume that they are foils for the current gods. Like a god of destruction to counter the god of creation. The two missing gods may have even been destroyed or eaten by the three corruption gods?

Not to derail the thread but.......If the above statement is true (which I have no reason not to believe) this gives me hope that the Tulnar will have options for ratmen as well as lizards since both were every prominent and beloved races in Warhammer. I also recall Steven was involved in EQ as well which had both Ratonga and Iskar which further fuels the fire :)

isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • Options
    LowQueyLowQuey Member
    edited September 2020
    So from what I gather there ARE evil gods but we dont know much about them yet. I'm hoping for some as its more fitting with my character style but we'll have to wait and see. Fate is kind of like death in a way because death is inherently neutral but I'm hoping for something a bit more interesting like hate, pain, nightmares that type of thing
  • Options
    Vhaeyne wrote: »

I wouldn't expect a God of war in the literal sense either. Ares is very misunderstood, he was the god of primal violence in war (Rage) and a his sister Athena was the goddess of strategy and wisdom (in war).

Since there's a deity of love, I can't help but wonder if they will be a more carnal representation such as Aphrodite or a more generalized kinship type of love not unlike a Christ like figure.