Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

AC to Ashes (Asheron's Call to Ashes of Creation)

I haven't found a mmo to excite me like AC did until i found about Ashes.
To all my AC brothers and sisters what is your take on Ashes ?

Comments

• Options
    Never played asherons, but welcome to the hype train
  • Options
    pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    edited September 2020
    -Questing isn't just to reach max level
    -Adaptive enemy AI
    -Nodes for fostering community and player 'ownership'
    -Nodes for changing surroundings/mob spawns/
    -More traditional roles (going to roll Healer)
    -Crafting and trade aren't 'Eh, why not put that in?'
    -PvP beyond ganking noobs. Caravan stuff looks cool, as well as sieges,

~A Graystorm of Morningthaw, ne'er-do-well of Hebian-to, and trusty main of Bob the Camel.
  • Options
    RIP Reckful
  • Options
    ZenmaraZenmara Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Wraith Tiger of Harvestgain and Darktide (other random names as well) Also stayed around Nanto.
    Been following the game for 3 years or so now and continue to get excited!

I enjoy the idea of bringing back consequence into an MMO, and not be hand guided to everything you have to do like a mindless drone. Endless deaths in Asherons Call was a thing of beauty, and although I hope to never again see 40% VP, I can't wait to get my hands on Ashes of Creation.
    "The Angel of Death is the Invisible Angel of Life."
  • Options
    So true!! Dying in an acid pit and having to get some rando to help was never racking but it made the game so much fun trying not to die and running threw hoards of othoi.
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited September 2020
    Bahl on Thistledown for me :smile:

And yeah, it was my first and also my most magical MMO experience. Just the whole concept, trying to survive those Phyntos Wasps the first couple of days...
    WoW did actually almost capture the same magic again for me at first. It was so damn polished compared to many of the other games back in 2004. Warhammer Online came close because of the lore, but the RvR kinda sucked compared to DAoC.

To answer the question, I am definitely very hyped and excited about AOC, but I honestly doubt anything can match the magic of AC, because it was my first. It's a bit like the first real love, or, as far as I've read, the first time on heroin. It's not quite the same high the subsequent times :tongue: